Challenger & Barracuda Talk vintage Challenger and 'Cuda (e-body) specific topics within.

mopar newbee

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2011, 02:40 PM
rogerahuff
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mopar newbee

hello all,

I have a 1971 Challenger Convertible. 383/727 Hemi Orange, white interior. My first ever MOPAR. I got it by chance, as my buddy was buying a 70 RT/SE and saw it under a tarp in the guys yard. He called me, I bought it without seeing it. 10 years later, I am finally putting it back together. The body work and paint is done, but it will need a lot of parts. Many parts are re-manufactured and common used, but some I can't find. Hopefully somebody knows where to get the "hard to find" items.

thanks, Roger

Old 03-10-2011, 05:45 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Welcome to the site

Old 03-10-2011, 06:05 PM
1969CoronetR/T
vaffanculo
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome to the site. Pick up a copy of Mopar Collectors Guide to help with sourcing parts in the classifieds as they will list be model. Stephens Performance has a HUGE salvage yard that is Mopar only and they usually have the original parts or will get reproduction ones if they do not have it. Yearone is a good reproduction site also. I will move this thread to the Challenger section,
FF

Old 04-23-2011, 08:16 PM
MOPAR ROY
Thumbs up another newbe

I am new here also, i have a 71 challenger & 73 barracuda, just reading some of your post has helped me out. thanks guys.

Old 04-23-2011, 11:50 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Welcome to the forums. The Challengers are some sexy beasts!!

Post up some pics when you can.

Old 04-24-2011, 12:27 PM
rogerahuff

thanks all, I will check them out.

Old 04-24-2011, 10:07 PM
MOPAR ROY
Default 71 challenger

This car was in peaces when i bought it, i am putting back togather an finding out there is a lot of things missing. It wouldn't be so bad if i took it apart, but ill slowly get it. Ill get some pics up as soon as i get some time.Im just glad to be working, the way this aconomy is.

Old 04-25-2011, 08:03 PM
MOPAR ROY
Default Nice

Originally Posted by rogerahuff
hello all,

I have a 1971 Challenger Convertible. 383/727 Hemi Orange, white interior. My first ever MOPAR. I got it by chance, as my buddy was buying a 70 RT/SE and saw it under a tarp in the guys yard. He called me, I bought it without seeing it. 10 years later, I am finally putting it back together. The body work and paint is done, but it will need a lot of parts. Many parts are re-manufactured and common used, but some I can't find. Hopefully somebody knows where to get the "hard to find" items.

thanks, Roger
I looked in your garage, what a inprovement,good job so far. I would like to see a updateed pic. when you got time. I bet it will not be your last mopar.

Last edited by MOPAR ROY; 04-25-2011 at 08:05 PM.
Old 04-25-2011, 09:20 PM
rogerahuff

thanks Mopar Roy. these are current pics. so far the only thing in the car id the dash. waiting for parts delivery to get the windows in. time and money, the two things I need most but dont have. its slow motion for sure.

Quick Reply: mopar newbee