Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Head Rest Airbags

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2013, 02:00 PM
malbern
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Head Rest Airbags

I need to plug my headrest airbag on my 2012 Grand Caravan. I disconnected it, now my air bag light is on. Can anyone tell me how to remove the front passenger seat back so I can see the wire and plug it back in?

And also is there anything else I need to do to make sure the airbag light goes off?

Thank for any help in advance.

Old 07-06-2013, 02:10 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,178 Likes on 2,931 Posts

Be VERY careful working with airbags. Make REAL sure the system is disarmed, and the DERM is discharged. (digital energy reserve module, the funny little part that actually fires the airbags..... not sure what the process to disarm everything is though. I would guess leaving the battery disconnected for 15 minutes or so should do it.....)

Keep in mind, air bags can save you life in an accident, they can also kill you if they go off at the wrong time.

Old 07-06-2013, 03:31 PM
malbern

What happen was , I lifted the headrest and the pin that stops it from coming all the way out did not hold. It came right out and unplugged in the presses. I just want to take off the back seat cover and plug it back in. Not sure on how to take the back seat cover off.

Old 07-06-2013, 04:07 PM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Welcome to DF. Please post your questions in the Caravan section. You'll get more help in the correct forum.

Old 07-06-2013, 04:08 PM
malbern

thanks

Old 07-10-2013, 11:07 AM
1ATony
Former Vendor

Welcome to the site

Old 07-10-2013, 02:54 PM
Beverly Stayart
Rookie

Welcome! Enjoy the site.

Old 07-11-2013, 07:42 AM
malbern

I brought my Caravan to the dealer. At first they told me that the airbags in both headrest had to be replaced. Then they said that they need to do a diagnostic test to be sure. After the test they told me that it is going to cost $880 plus tax to have it fixed,they said that they need to replace the airbags on the headrest(passenger side). I spoke to the service manager and he toke the information on my van and went to his office, he came back and told me that I would not have to pay anything,it will be covered under warranty.After it was fixed the person that served me told me not to worry,he wasn't even going to charge me the $85 for the diagnostic test. Got off easy on that one,lesson learned. If you are not sure on what you are doing, do some research first.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions.

Old 07-11-2013, 04:09 PM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

You need to post this info in the Caravan section. This way your fellow Caravan owners will know this.

Quick Reply: Head Rest Airbags