Notices
Dodge Challenger Forum for the 2008+ Challenger. This includes the SE, SXT, R/T, Shaker, Scat Pack, SRT and Hellcat models.

Upgrade to my Challenger

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2012, 08:24 PM
Keegan_Jacobs
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Upgrade to my Challenger

hi guys, i just bought me a 2013 Dodge Challenger Classic , R/T Coupe Classic fully loaded.

I want to get more horse power, what can i buy to make this happen? I am not good with cars, please be very specific and detailed , i really appreciate it .

thanks,

Old 09-14-2012, 08:49 AM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Keegan_Jacobs
hi guys, i just bought me a 2013 Dodge Challenger Classic , R/T Coupe Classic fully loaded.

I want to get more horse power, what can i buy to make this happen? I am not good with cars, please be very specific and detailed , i really appreciate it .

thanks,
Keegan

Congrats on the new Challenger and welcome to the forum!!!

Old 09-14-2012, 09:16 PM
Keegan_Jacobs

Originally Posted by DodgeCares
Keegan

Congrats on the new Challenger and welcome to the forum!!!
Thanks.

I want to make my challenger loud , and at the same time save on fuel . I heard something like a catback exhaust ? Is it worth it ? I don't know what kind of exhaust came with my 2013, R/T classic, challenger.

Old 09-15-2012, 09:35 AM
Ray2004
Professional

Here's a video of a Flowmaster American Thunder exhaust system. The drone is pretty bad but bearable. I bought my car with an old flowmaster system that had different sizes of pipe welded together to make it fit. The new system is made for the Challenger. Both had the drone noise though.

Old 09-20-2012, 06:03 PM
GearheadDiva

Congrats on your new car! One of the first things I did was add a Mopar cat-back exhaust system and it really made a big difference in the sound of the car and the enjoyment I get out of driving it.

It's a simple mod that you can do yourself and my Challenger went from sounding like "meh" to bada$$! As for improving fuel consumption, a better set of pipes will help your engine breathe more efficiently but it's not something that you'll readily notice at the pump (at least I didn't).

If you're interested in an exhaust upgrade, look for aftermarket kits that fit your car and then find videos of them on Youtube to compare sounds. Of course the original video quality and your computer speakers will affect the sound but you'll get an idea.

Other gas conscious mods you can try are:

- upgrade to a performance air filter
- upgrade to a performance air intake
- tune your engine with a power tuner or performance module

Let us know what you decide!

Old 12-09-2012, 09:21 AM
rhyster
Amateur

[quote=Keegan_Jacobs;2867134]hi guys, i just bought me a 2013 Dodge Challenger Classic , R/T Coupe Classic fully loaded.

[quote=Keegan_Jacobs;2867767]Thanks.

You will only get minimal gains with performance air intakes, exhausts , throttle body's, etc. basically the car will just sound/breath better. As far as making it loud and saving on fuel, I'm not sure that will work out for you because when you put on an awesome sounding exhaust, you want to hear it, so you get on it more, at least I do.

If you want to save a few bucks you can cut the baffle off the stock cold air intake, cut a cover piece from the baffle and glue cover over the hole were baffle was attached, or just buy a used cold air intake from a 2011 charger they don't have a baffle/silencer, it should fit challenger, & put in high flow filter, sound difference is noticeable.

Quickest way to more horsepower is adding a blower, roots, turbo, or centrifugal supercharger. Magnuson makes [roots blower] with a bypass valve that will save on gas when you are not in boost. if they are available for your model year.

some less expensive ways for more horsepower is ported heads with short or long tube headers, high flow cats, cat back performance exhaust.

All depends how fast you want to go. The car is pretty fast as it is, should get very low 13's at quarter mile track....be careful when you start modding, it can be addictive.

My first mods that I did myself were Cold air intake, 180 degree thermostat, 85 mm throttle body, air struts [hood], functional hood vents, catch can.

regards

Last edited by rhyster; 12-09-2012 at 10:49 AM.
Old 12-10-2012, 12:54 PM
pblacano

hi i just got a new srt 8 2013 chally, i am still trying to educate my self about the car, i want to buy a performance chip but im concern about warranty..if i install the bully dog performance chip and uninstall it when its time for emission test will it return to stock settings?i mean is it that complicated?

Old 12-11-2012, 10:07 AM
rhyster
Amateur

Originally Posted by pblacano
hi i just got a new srt 8 2013 chally, i am still trying to educate my self about the car, i want to buy a performance chip but im concern about warranty..if i install the bully dog performance chip and uninstall it when its time for emission test will it return to stock settings?i mean is it that complicated?
Your car rocks just the way it is, personaly I would wait until "diablosport" comes out with a product "intune" that supports your model year, most challenger owners I know, use the predator tuner with these canned tunes, & more serious bolt on mods can be tuned on dyno by CMR tuners using these units.

I dont know much about bullydog, but I'm pretty sure you can return your car to stock tune.

regards

Old 01-02-2013, 08:35 AM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

A Diablosport Intune or Trinity tuner is the way to go. Bullydog is geared more towards the diesel crowd.

I've had a Diablosport on my 08 Ram since it was almost new and have no complaints.

Magnaflow makes a nice cat-back as well.

Old 01-07-2013, 03:29 PM
pblacano

Originally Posted by rhyster
Your car rocks just the way it is, personaly I would wait until "diablosport" comes out with a product "intune" that supports your model year, most challenger owners I know, use the predator tuner with these canned tunes, & more serious bolt on mods can be tuned on dyno by CMR tuners using these units.

I dont know much about bullydog, but I'm pretty sure you can return your car to stock tune.

regards
ok sounds like a plan..i would probably wait..thanks rhyster

Quick Reply: Upgrade to my Challenger