Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

6.7 diesel problems

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2011, 07:08 PM
tiger63
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For a long time I have warned everyone about any cummins diesel produced after 2003 that there will be problems due to the EPA.

Some how my posts are removed due to the fact that Dodge will not accept responsibility for the trouble you folks are going thru.

I have had problems with my 2000 5.9 due to fact Dodge would not accept responsibility for the lift pumps and the transmission problems due to inferior gears that needed a recall.

If you want a Dodge today buy the Hemi and stear clear of the 6.7

Old 12-08-2011, 10:33 PM
tech_support

Originally Posted by Nokturnalhtx
I have a 6.7 in a 08 dodge dually 4X4. Systems ok no engine light on but getting a squeaky screaming noise coming from the turbo when I accelerate only any suggestions? Thanks guys

I have seen a few manifold gaskets leak on the 6.7's. Check the 4,5,6 manifold area for black soot.

Old 12-09-2011, 08:46 AM
Nokturnalhtx

Originally Posted by tech_support
I have seen a few manifold gaskets leak on the 6.7's. Check the 4,5,6 manifold area for black soot.
Well I feel so dumb right now. I checked and the exhaust was a little loose and the squeaking was a gasket wistleing. I'm glad it's nothing major and thank you so much sir. Hahaha

Old 12-09-2011, 08:54 AM
Nokturnalhtx

What's the best exhaust for a 08 6.7 4x4 with automatic Alison transmission. Any suggestions?

Old 05-20-2013, 04:12 PM
countylinepolo
Default Dodge Ram problem

I have the same problem with my 08 2500 Ram. The emmision system has been cleaned out twice now. They say I need a Egr delete system put on my truck. The only problem is that its illegal. You have to buy it off the internet and then have somebody install it. I'm hearing different things from mechanics. What did you end up doing with your truck?

Originally Posted by catwood
I purchased my Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 6.7 L Diesel new in September of 2008. The check engine light came on before my first 1000 miles. Had it the light cleared last at about 10,000 miles. Yesterday at 14,400 miles, the truck broke down and had to be towed to the dealer. They are telling me the emmission system is clogged and needs to be cleaned. I'm not a mechanic by any stretch - I just like the 2500 truck. After reading many postings on this site, I get the feeling I'm in for a lot of misery...... Do these issues center arounfd the BlueTec system? Are the most of the problems mainly related to the engine components that control emmissions. Any help/explanations would be appreciated. I traded in a 2004 Ram 2500 with 5.9 L Diesel for this truck. Never had one issue with the 04 after about 90,000 miles. Guess I should have kept that one. Thanks.

Quick Reply: 6.7 diesel problems