Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

6.7 diesel problems

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2009, 02:49 PM
nagaranch
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

other then loosing your warranty what the down falls of putting a complete after market system on like bulldog.

Old 02-14-2009, 12:05 PM
boaterman

Since the new type Turbo was installed I've had "0" problems with my 07 6.7... Hope this is progress towards a permanent fix???

Old 02-15-2009, 09:35 AM
It's a HEMI

I had mine in the shop 9 times over 45 days, codes, codes, codes, de-soot 3 times, new EGR, new Turbo, new sensors, etc, etc. I traded that lemon the other day on a HEMI..

Old 02-20-2009, 04:38 PM
jwade2385

i'm about to flip 22000 miles on my 07 6.7L...had the engine light come on once right when i bought the truck, but a couple days later i got a recall for an o2 sensore..brought it in and had it changed. Since then i've had zero problems with my engine. all these stories are making me worry. this is the first vehicle i buy and to spend that much money makes me a lil nauseated after reading all these stories.....i see a lot of guys replacing the turbo. This is my first diesel i own. What would be a sign of the bad turbo other than not hearing it whistle? only other thing i had changed was a 4x4 track bar in the front...this was my own fault!! hit a ditch going a lil fast

Old 02-21-2009, 11:30 AM
It's a HEMI

I just got rid of my LEMON 07' 6.7, 9 times in the shop, 50 + days, many codes, now I have a HEMI

Old 02-21-2009, 11:33 AM
It's a HEMI

Originally Posted by Az2500Cummins08
All this negative 6.7 talk is making me nervous. I have had mine for 4 months now, and have 5,150 miles on it and havent had any problems other than an oil leak and now my stereo. How many miles did your dads truck have on it before the problems started?
started @ 200 miles, cel came on P2262

Old 02-21-2009, 11:36 AM
It's a HEMI

Originally Posted by eaglestorm
We got the tsb about wraping the exhaust We think it also just a bandaid fix. we cant even get the cleaner from chrysler It's on back order. and we have atleast 6 trucks lined up for buy back (lemon law)
How long does that last before it rusts your exhaust out ? mine had the same thing, what a piece of crap. Dodge engineers should be fired..

Last edited by It's a HEMI; 02-21-2009 at 11:39 AM.
Old 02-21-2009, 11:39 AM
It's a HEMI

Originally Posted by Major Woods
This is the very reason why I purchased my 2007 Dodge with the 5.9L in June of this year. I had to contact 65 dealers in the NEto find one to my liking.
The 5.9L is simplya great motor with long history of reliability.
your right on that, I had two 5.9 with no problems..

Old 02-22-2009, 07:06 AM
ramminit
Default 08 ram 6.7 cummins

hey every one wanted to claer some things up i purchased a 08 dodge 3500 with the new 6.7 cummins i have only had one problem with this truck and that is the resent recall on the dash board this truck has 33000 miles on it in less then a year fuel mileage is in the high 16's empty and runs in the high 8's when im pulling 32000lbs i love this truck does what i want when i want it to ive heard lots of horror stories and i cant understand how these problems are so vast and only affecting certain trucks ive heard problems from crank sensors to dpf problems to rough starting to transmission problems i do have to say i think cummins manf does have to look into why these problems are happening and come out with a resolution i feel bad for you guys that are haveing problems with them and hope you arnt turned off from the 6.7 i feel something needs to be done hope you guys gt things worked out with your trucks

Old 02-23-2009, 03:24 PM
Joel_MD
Captain

Originally Posted by ramminit
hey every one wanted to claer some things up i purchased a 08 dodge 3500 with the new 6.7 cummins i have only had one problem with this truck and that is the resent recall on the dash board this truck has 33000 miles on it in less then a year fuel mileage is in the high 16's empty and runs in the high 8's when im pulling 32000lbs i love this truck does what i want when i want it to ive heard lots of horror stories and i cant understand how these problems are so vast and only affecting certain trucks ive heard problems from crank sensors to dpf problems to rough starting to transmission problems i do have to say i think cummins manf does have to look into why these problems are happening and come out with a resolution i feel bad for you guys that are haveing problems with them and hope you arnt turned off from the 6.7 i feel something needs to be done hope you guys gt things worked out with your trucks
Is that supposed to be one sentence? We don't require perfect grammar here, but some punctuation would be nice.

Quick Reply: 6.7 diesel problems