Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

94 B 350 assorted problems, please

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2015, 07:04 PM
tahoegaryv
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 94 B 350 assorted problems, please

I have a 1994 B350 converted to a Road Trek class B with parasitic battery drain. After testing I narrowed the battery drain to fuse #2 and further to the ignition lamp time delay relay. After I replaced the relay, still had the battery amp draw. Van runs fine without it but I have heard that there may be a problem with the ignition switch. ABS light is on and cruise control is inoperative, could they all be related? Van has been in my family since purchased new and runs great. Also it is showing code 35- Radiator fan low speed relay circuit fault. Does anyone know where this relay is located?
Sorry about all the issues, figured I would just lay them all out.

Old 02-03-2015, 09:50 AM
daguvena88
Professional

To start with for diagnostic purposes, if you have a battery isolator installed to seperate/charge the 'house' battery, remove the isolator. Mine failed, and was causing parasitic drain.

You should have a mechanical fan, so I'm not sure why you'd get error code relating to some low speed circuit error.

My initial reaction is ABS light and Cruise control are likely not related.
Cruise control is usually a vacuum issue.
ABS light, well that needs some researching.

Make sure the door switches are working properly and the interior light switch is turned to the off position.

Last edited by daguvena88; 02-03-2015 at 09:54 AM.
Old 02-03-2015, 09:57 AM
daguvena88
Professional

Originally Posted by daguvena88
You should have a mechanical fan, so I'm not sure why you'd get error code relating to some low speed circuit error.
Seems Code 35 error is related to A/C

Old 06-15-2015, 12:10 PM
jrice2n

I have a 94 roadtrek, my battery drain was from the headlight switch. the **** has to be turned all the way to the right, and I think it clicks. This is related to the interior light. My abs light stays on because the driver side front wheel sensor is bad, I judged it was not worth fixing, I learned to drive before there was such a contraption and I am not sure it works as advertised. I also do not have the cruise control working and I am trying to find its location and how to fix it.

Old 06-21-2015, 09:19 AM
drober05

I have a 1993 Roadtrek 190 on the B350 chassis. Also have parasitic drain as you describe. I noticed the ignition lamp timer relay always seems warm/hot to the touch. Is that what you found? Did simply replacing the relay fix that?

I think anything related to the braking system has potential to disable cruise so the ABS [I]might[I] be an issue.

You say the van has been in the family since new. Is the battery drain new? Please let us know if you resolve the problem.

Old 06-22-2015, 10:12 AM
rsdata
Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

the van draws vacuum for cruise operation from a softball sized plastic tank hidden behind and below the passenger headlight... remove that panel below the headlight and determine that the lines running to that tank are functional

Old 06-23-2015, 11:16 AM
tahoegaryv
Default Thanks Guys

Thanks for the tips, really appreciate it.
As for the parasitic battery drain, it was coming from that relay for the ignition key light.
Replaced the relay and it was still happening.
As the light around the ignition key was not really important to me I just pulled the relay and no more drain. Simple solution to the problem.
Heard that it was a common problem and did not want to tear apart the steering column.

Old 06-23-2015, 06:13 PM
drober05

So the only purpose of that relay is the light around the ignition key? Mine does not work either yet the relay is always hot to the touch. Guess I'll pull it out and see what happens.

Quick Reply: 94 B 350 assorted problems, please