1995-2000 Dodge Avenger The Dodge Avenger had smooth styling in addition to solid craftmanship. To this day you can find Dodge Avenger enthusiasts proud to show of their gems.

AC Button

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2007, 01:03 AM
73dart
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AC Button

Somone please explain the AC button to me. When you push it in the first time itturns orange, if you push it in again it turns green, the last time it turns off. I get AC on orange and green so whats the difference.

Old 05-24-2007, 07:43 AM
silvercoupe97
Uber Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Default RE: AC Button

If you have your HVAC setting on "defrost" the a/c will automatically turn on, regardless if you press the a/c button on or not.
In any other setting, if you want a/c on, you will have to push the button to the on position.

Old 05-24-2007, 09:48 AM
73dart
Professional

I understand that part but what does the two color lights on the button signfiy.

Old 05-24-2007, 10:00 AM
silvercoupe97
Uber Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

It just lets you know at a glance or at night that it's on or off, that's all.

Old 05-31-2007, 11:47 PM
mmatheny

Here's the correct answer - orange is economy mode, the AC compressor cycles off and on. Green is the max AC mode, the compressor runs all the time, and cools better (use max all the time here in Houston TX!!)

Old 06-01-2007, 12:37 AM
silvercoupe97
Uber Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

ORIGINAL: mmatheny

Here's the correct answer - orange is economy mode, the AC compressor cycles off and on. Green is the max AC mode, the compressor runs all the time, and cools better (use max all the time here in Houston TX!!)
You are talking about the 95-00 Avengers right? That button signifies whether it is on or off and that's it. The thermostat, that **** that goes from blue to red, is what controls the temp settings and if it's turned all the way to the blue section, that's full blast cold, which means that the compressor will continuely run. In Houston...it's hot, that's why your compressor is always running and that's why your **** is turned to full cold, the inside temp will never reach your selected temp during the afternoon. If you don't have tint, you're that worse off in sunny TX. Trust me, I used to live in Louisiana and was stationed in San Angelo Tx. My car did not start off with tint on the windows. That button does not have a half on or half off selection (econo mode). Econo mode is a tranny option..which we don't have either.

Old 06-01-2007, 10:01 AM
73dart
Professional

I want to tint my windows but in NC if the front windows are tinted and too dark they wont give you a sticker, if they are fine it still cost $10 more a year.

Old 06-01-2007, 02:24 PM
josef15111
Veteran

Wow that really blows. I cant beleave they car so much about tinted windows. i have 5% all the way around on my venge except the windsheild. i have gotten pulled over one time just about two weeks ago on my way in to work one morning. the state highway patrol let me go and didnt even tell me ta pull it off he said he was just maken sure i was good to be driving. I love my windows being this dark and so do my lil boys, thats the number one reason i got it that dark. my 6 mounth old son was getting blinded by the sun, And with my air on it kicks major butt. it gets so cold in there that i have to turn it off and this is in 90 degree heat so far. i do have a problem with my button though. it just dont work, it worked when i first got my car and it stoped like two days later it lights up the two colors but wont kick my air on. so i ran a few wires and spliced into the wires at the a/c pump and ran a lil switch under my dash, i hit the switch and it turns on along with the a/c fan and it works great it just stays on all the time.. do you guys think the switch is bad or something else....?

thanks all have a great friday

Joe

Old 06-02-2007, 10:51 PM
73dart
Professional

There is a low pressure switch in the system usally on top or near the Drier if it goes bad then the compressor won't work. Since it does with the new switch that would be the first place i would look.

Old 06-06-2007, 12:46 PM
mmatheny

I repeat my original statement (Check the manual if you don't believe me!) On my 95 Avenger, the AC button has 3 positions - off, amber, green. If you press it on to amber, the AC compressor cycles off and on, if you press it again to green, the AC compressor runs all the time. Once again and it is off - end of facts!

Quick Reply: AC Button