1995-2000 Dodge Avenger The Dodge Avenger had smooth styling in addition to solid craftmanship. To this day you can find Dodge Avenger enthusiasts proud to show of their gems.

My Chrysler/Dodge/Eagle/Mitsubishi Avenger/Eclispe/Sebring/Talon!

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2007, 01:19 AM
PappiDread6
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Chrysler/Dodge/Eagle/Mitsubishi Avenger/Eclispe/Sebring/Talon!

96 I4 5-speed
How hard is it to change out the motor mounts on our cars? Also what problems can come about if I keep driving with the engine jumping like it is?

Old 06-13-2007, 06:50 PM
bad venge
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: My Mitsubishi/Chrysler/Dodge Avenger/Eclispe/Sebring!

ORIGINAL: PappiDread6

1) Should I swaped my motor I noticed all the good motors seem to have the Trans on the opposite side. I was thinkin of rotating my motor for now then when I get a more money I can AWD it or swap it for a better motor?

2) Aslo I had a frinde who owned an Elscispe he said I don't need to drop the compression on my pistons in order to turbo it and since im gonna be a daily driver running between 6-8lbs of boost all I need to do is stud the hoods this sounds tooo cheap to be true?

3) The window switch has finnally been stripped from my door panel I had it screwed in and my door flung open ripping it from the panel. A. I could use JB weld. B.using longer screws C. try to detack that piece with out braking it and go to the junk yard for another on. D. Buy a new door panel. or E. If I can't duct it then F($K It!

and my finaly question

4) Dis dude at the shop has a 240sx the newer body style ones but Auto. Wants to race me with my Fwd stock Venge from a scale of 1 - 10 wants the chance of me keepin up or even winning?
1) The 420A is an OK motor unsure why you want to swap does it have troubles ???
2) true
3)I used jb weld to rebuild it then drilled it ...
4) If it's turbo'd or motor swapped not a chance... even stock he'd take you

Old 06-14-2007, 12:12 AM
PappiDread6
Record Breaker
Default RE: My Mitsubishi/Chrysler/Dodge Avenger/Eclispe/Sebring!

I wanted to rotated the motor so the timing gears are on the driverside. But realize that wuz a dumbass idea cuz im just gonna rebuild the heads since the lower end was already rebuilt. The motor is fine, I just noticed that the turboed Eclispe, Talon and even the Lance have the timing gears on the driver side and I wanted to AWD it.

Old 06-17-2007, 09:42 PM
PappiDread6
Record Breaker
Default RE: My Chrysler/Dodge/Eagle/Mitsubishi Avenger/Eclispe/Sebring/Talon!

Is a CAI a waste of money if im gonna turbo it later. I seen some setups where ppl use only the filter and the Turbo kit has its own piping. I know the 2 1/2" CBE is cuz Ima have to got to a 3" when she is turbo.

Old 06-18-2007, 04:06 PM
PappiDread6
Record Breaker

I was wondering what performance parts I can get now that I wanon't have to chang out later when I get a turbo. I was thinking underdriver pulley, racing cams, rocker arms, valsprings, and valves, and timing gears. Anything else?

Old 06-20-2007, 02:48 PM
PappiDread6
Record Breaker

So this cat at work use to own an Eclispe. Said that he got rid of it due to the fact that it was so exspensive to mod. I especting to spend 3G's on a Turbo he saying 4 plus to get it tuned another $900 and somehting else he said was a G. Also the fact that its hard to find turbos for are car due to the cams being on the driver side. He says Im better of with Hearders, injecters, intake, cat back, and sum kinda ECM from AEM that piggy backs then I still have to get it tuned which will only put me at around 170hp. For all that I better get atleast 250. I hoping he is wrongbecause the Eclispe bays are, smaller hes wrong, he's gotta be wrong please tell me he is wrong!!!

Old 06-20-2007, 03:20 PM
bad venge
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

$3K should get you a GOOD turbo kit and all the goodies ... BUT thats assuming your MOTOR is in good shape with nothing wrong ... Of course new pistons ect would add to the total

Old 06-21-2007, 01:16 PM
PappiDread6
Record Breaker

Thats what I thought. He's really into the whole tuner thing im just barely starting out. But he saying the piping is the most expensive, all this time I thought it was the turbo and intercooler. Also I heard there is some type of liquid or gelled bearings you could get for the turb that won't seize up do they exist, also can I get a big turbo and tune the boost down or I can only go so far?

Old 06-24-2007, 01:26 PM
PappiDread6
Record Breaker

Who else besides Hans makes Turbos 4 us?

Old 06-24-2007, 08:55 PM
bad venge
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

hahn and star both make good kits