1995-2000 Dodge Avenger The Dodge Avenger had smooth styling in addition to solid craftmanship. To this day you can find Dodge Avenger enthusiasts proud to show of their gems.

idle problems

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2009, 10:48 AM
kween_DGAF
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My avengers doing the same thing, but it doesn't have power either. I can have it floored and it barely goes. But randomly my RPMs jump like they are supposed to when floored, and my car launches.... I'm SOOO annoyed... I've replaced almost everything but the egr... could that be my problem as well?

Old 11-10-2009, 02:02 PM
Igotthis

Originally Posted by homeboysduster
i have a 98 with the 2.5 V6 when the car is cold it will idle ok. but after it warms up you can't get it to idle for nothing!!!! it throws a map code that says "map reading not changed from start to run". i replaced the map, that didn't help.changed the IAC that didn't work. replaced the maps tassel. that didn't work. full major tune up. that didn't work eather!!!!! its funny once you drive it runs like a champ! but let up off th gas and it will stall. and in order to restart it you have to peddle the gas to get it to start!!! HELP!!!!
i have the same problem but the codes that came out of mine wer the TPS, ECT,MAP,Intake air temp circuit, and a Vane Airflow sensor
i have replaced the TPS the ECT and MAP car still sucks wen idling should i clean my EGR valve as well?

Old 11-10-2009, 02:33 PM
Killa200
Rookie

If you have idle issues still, i'd be looking at that EGR valve, and then if that doesn't fix it look at the IAC solenoid.

Also check for vacuum leaks (bad or missing hoses, etc)

Old 11-10-2009, 04:44 PM
bad venge
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

IDLE troubles ... Clean intake tract FIRST run seafoam thru it or intake cleaner ...
If it still idles poorly remove the egr from the rear of manifold / block it off ... If it idles correctly bad EGR if it still idles bad unblock the EGR and remove the IAC clean it by hand ifand reinstall if it still idles bad REPLACE

Quick Reply: idle problems