1995-2000 Dodge Avenger The Dodge Avenger had smooth styling in addition to solid craftmanship. To this day you can find Dodge Avenger enthusiasts proud to show of their gems.

Which battery for a Dodge Avenger -96?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2010, 03:29 PM
jonthee
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi again!

Spent the whole day with the car and got some things done:

Improved and new paint on the hood
Got the immobilizer out (it was an immobilizer, only one cable that I needed to put togheter again since the other ones was just connected into them)
Went to a local mechanic and asked for the price of changing trans oil, he wanted 100$ for this, that sounds a lot, I bring the oil myself and the filter for the automatic transmission, 100$ is just for labor! =(

So my question before I proceed with anything else with the car, how may I change oil and filter in the tranny myself, and how many liters of oil must I have? I bought 4 liters today, Mopar ATF+4 at a local Dodge/Chrysler dealer, costed 100$ =/

Next step with the car is to locate the strange idling, it isnt that much but can get annoying, and I have tried everything you said bad venge =/

Have a new temp sensor and 4 new O2-sensors that I am going to replace.

Also, the check engine light, I got a new gas cap but that didnt do it, how may I read the trouble codes, it is a -96, but keydance doesnt work, nothing happeneds to the check engine light, it doesnt blink =/

Does OBD2 work, Ive got a cables to USB?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by jonthee; 04-15-2014 at 03:32 PM.
Old 07-08-2010, 05:34 PM
bad venge
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

see other post on codes ect ... not retyping that...
I've covered the amount of fluid needed for complete tranny change for you the amount you have is barely 1/3 for complete change and It's like $20 a gallon here

Quick Reply: Which battery for a Dodge Avenger -96?