1995-2000 Dodge Avenger The Dodge Avenger had smooth styling in addition to solid craftmanship. To this day you can find Dodge Avenger enthusiasts proud to show of their gems.

new to the forum.

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2010, 06:41 PM
bkavenger88
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new to the forum.

hi guys, names kyle i own 2 avengers(ones becoming a parts car and doesnt kno it) the rockers rusted out on the first one so i bought another that had engine problem(well acording to the guy it did, it didnt)so 400 dollars and 2hours trying to get it on a car dolly(was a headache) 30 dollars worth of parts and a half hour later i had the car running. my new one is 2000 and the old one is a 96 and there is a difference.

sooooo i was thinking about picking up another one and doing the 3.0 swap and thats were i have questions

can you turbo a 3.0 and is there a way to put a 5speed on the car???

Old 09-23-2010, 06:59 PM
96 Avenger ES
Default my 96 avenger wont start???

i have no clue what it is..?
ive replaced the computer,distributor. still nothing. i can hear the fuel pump kick on..itll turn over but wont fire. tried putting gas down the tb but still nothing. just turns over... can anyone help?? its a 1996 avenger es with a 2.5 v6
please help!!

Old 09-23-2010, 07:08 PM
bkavenger88

have you tryed the crackshaft sensor???

Old 09-23-2010, 07:33 PM
PappiDread6
Record Breaker

There was 2 companys that did 3.0L swap one did a 3.0L swap with 5speed but it was an in house deal only. Meaning you had to ship your car to get it done. Both companies went out of business I think the 2nd company that did the 5speed swap I think sold the rights to it. As far as turbo'in the 3.0L I think you can use the same kit from the 2.5L but I am not 100% or you going to have to fab up your own Bad Venge should know.

Old 09-23-2010, 08:26 PM
bad venge
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are now 3.0 Turbo kits but there is a bolt on supercharger from ripp mods

Disturbing motorsports did a 5 speed swap but are currently bankrupt

Old 09-23-2010, 09:34 PM
bkavenger88

i thought you get more bang for the buck going with the turbo kit then the supercharger but i kno either way the auto tranny for the 2.5 isnt going to be able to handle that amount of torque. im new to the whole tranny swappin idea but cant i mount up an some 5 speed tranny wither its out of a SRT or a dakota?? and as i remember you can awd these cars(isnt sivlercoupes awd??) so that would make the best sleeper in the game

Old 09-24-2010, 09:30 AM
PappiDread6
Record Breaker

Thanks for clarifying that BV.

Turbo vs Supercharger is an on going debate which really leads down to personal preference. Google "which is better turbo or supercharger" and alot of links will follow.

Almost any transmission can be built to handle what ever HP/TRQ you through at it it all comes down to money. Stock both the 5speed and auto transmission our weak just made to get you from Point A to Point B. I honestly don't know what Disturbing Motorsports used for there 5speed swap.

Yes you can AWD the Avenger/Sebring with a drivetrain from a 1st and 2nd Generation Mitsubishi Eclipse and Eagle Talon, which uses a 4G63T 2.0L engine.

Old 09-24-2010, 09:00 PM
bad venge
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Problem is the CPS is lcated in the Auto tranny and the 5spds do not have the sensor , Disturbing made a wheel to interface with the sps to give the correct signal ..
Unfortunately they made only a few swaps and no one is showing the "wheel" due to patents on it

Old 10-22-2010, 09:40 AM
venge

if you want a good auto tranny call up Hannibal Transmission in Hannibal MO. He can build it to handle just about anything.

Quick Reply: new to the forum.