1995-2000 Dodge Avenger The Dodge Avenger had smooth styling in addition to solid craftmanship. To this day you can find Dodge Avenger enthusiasts proud to show of their gems.

YES!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2006, 04:34 AM
Avenger22
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default YES!!!

I have my Avenger back!!!!! can't wait to start getting my wish list started!! I will have $13,000 to use on my Avenger in October of this year. If you have any suggestions on what I should do with the money that is within the limits and gives me a big boost in HP, then by all means, leave your suggestion. I want to gut out my interior and completely redo it all from scratch with a red on black interior. If i can do it all myself, then I will. Until then, leave comments and suggestions please. Thanks.

Old 03-18-2006, 03:13 PM
TODD0341
Rookie
Default RE: YES!!!

Man, I will tell you what I would do. Check out this link http://www.redefinedrides.com
I have to tell you the truth. I am not a dodge fan. These cars are just so slow!! I feel they are looks only when from the factory. I have a 300zx Turbo that Im used to driving everyday that makes the avenger I just picked up seem like a joke (most cars also-LOL). I WAS SERIOUSLY DEBATING JUST PARTING THIS CAR OUT UNTIL I SAW THIS SITE!!!!! Talk about sick!! Im so glad that silveravenger97 had this link available...it has converted me and I have seen the light!! As soon as I get some things cleared up in the garage, the search is on for a donor car to do the swap with. I have always liked the way the avenger looks, but its so slow!!! I never knew anything like an AWD Avenger ever existed before. Just mindbending I tell ya.............

Other then that- dont do anything tacky to your car.........since I have been looking around online trying to find out more about these cars ( The last 4 days or so ) I have seen so many riced out, crappy looking cars overdone and retarded looking!! Go search google images and you will see what I mean.

Just my 2 cents.

Old 03-18-2006, 08:06 PM
silvercoupe97
Uber Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

ORIGINAL: TODD0341

Man, I will tell you what I would do. Check out this link http://www.redefinedrides.com.
I never knew anything like an AWD Avenger ever existed before.
Lol, I gave him that link in his thread about upgrades... https://dodgeforum.com/m_419349/tm.htm. My car is in the "SWAP" gallery at Redefined Rides...check it out. Anyway, I made a long, eyesore post on what kind of engine conversions that can be done to our cars, to include the 4G63T AWD swap.
At this time there are 3 AWD Avengers. Jason had the first, mine second, and a guy named Kyle is having his converted as we speak. Mine is the only one running and tearing up the roads though. Jason is upgrading his motor to a 2.4L AWD turbo, so it's obviously down, and Kyle is still having his car worked on.
I have to say, even on 14psi, my car is still pretty fun. I'll be going to 16psi within the next week. I've gotten my knock problem taken car of...all except .4 counts of it anyway. Anyway...I'm blabbering...sorry.

Old 03-18-2006, 11:22 PM
TODD0341
Rookie

No really man, that is an awesome car. To me the avenger looks like a car that should be rear wheel drive--- AWD is even better. Y'know, I was checking that site out last night-----there arent too many details. As far as the underpinnings, what had to be fabricated for the install? Did you guys have to get new drive shafts made? Im not familiar at all with the GSX or the VR-4. Is the tranny and transfer case one piece? Or is it seperate. Did the rest of the suspension just bolt up pretty much? I was told that the chassis the avenger is on is the same as the eclipse...that the sebring and stratus are on an extended frame---its 3 inches or so longer the the chassis that the eclipse and avenger are on. I obviously have more research to do

Old 03-19-2006, 12:50 AM
silvercoupe97
Uber Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

Yeah, it's that whole secret ingredient thing. By the looks of my drive shaft...it's stock. The motor looks to be pushed back a bit. I'll have to check to make sure, I know that the center motor brace was extended and motor mounts were custom made. Both stock Avenger/Sebring motors are on the passenger's side. As for dimensions, the Avenger/Sebring/Eclipse/Talon coupes were based off the Galant platform, the A/S are about 8" longer than the E/T. From the looks of mine...from the driveshaft to the rear are exactly the same (the gas tank needs to be changed to the AWD tank). The front clip is where most of the work is done. Here's a link for the rear portion.. http://www.automotivearticles.com/AWD_Conversion.shtml. The electronics are swapped also, i.e....ECU, wire harness, fuse box, etc.

Old 03-19-2006, 01:01 AM
silvercoupe97
Uber Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

The conversion would go for the same price as buying a used GSX/Talon TSi AWD in running condition. You're best bet is to get one that isn't drivable (blown motor) and have the motor rebuilt, then swap it into the Venge. I figure, by the time you have the Venge up and running...at stock level, you've spent ~$6k-$7k or lower, which is lower than buying a low milage 2Gb model..they go for around $10k still.
Some say it isn't worth the work or price...bottom line, it is...
1 you've got a rebuilt motor which is better than buying a 2Gb used motor and more reliable now
2 you've got a sleeper, I still get the jaw dropping looks
3 it's just bad ***! lol
Those really aren't the best bottom lines but....lol.
Really though, in my head, it's worth it...I still have leg room in the back seat area, lol. It cost me the same to have my car converted as it would to buy a used one..a used one, you never know how it was cared for and it may break on you within a month....blabbering again.

Old 03-19-2006, 01:56 AM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

ORIGINAL: silvercoupe97
1 you've got a rebuilt motor which is better than buying a 2Gb used motor and more reliable now
2 you've got a sleeper, I still get the jaw dropping looks
3 it's just bad ***! lol
Those really aren't the best bottom lines but....lol.
Actually, those are the best bottom lines you can have when dealing with rebuilt/used vehicles. I personally think a sleeper car is helluva lot more impressive then a car that screams power. Yes, the SRT-4 Neon is very powerful, but in reality, its just a high powered motor thrown into a crappy econo car. I drive a Stratus R/T.....and would love to have AWD/RWD in this car. It would be really cool with a reworked turbo'd Eclipse motor or even a truly built up SRT-4 2.4L in it.

The truth of the matter is....its always better to build something up from the ground knowing there isnt problems with it then buying something and just swapping over to it. It's how I'd do it.

Old 03-19-2006, 02:23 AM
TODD0341
Rookie

I agree with both of you. All of the points you made were very valid. Imagine sitting at a light (not that street racing is encouraged of course) with some idiot in a wrx (wonderful car ....yes, but a dime a dozen anymore---even the 30,000 dollar STI) and smoking him with..........an avenger!!! Talk about awesome. Plus my car has every option, leather etc etc and homelink (which is one of the coolest things I have ever had in one of my cars-----cooler the all the Apexi stuff I have hooked into my Z even) After reading the exile site about the tranny info and going around and looking at a few things, I seriously think that I was biased against this car-it has alot of potential and Im glad I have it now..................I keep picturing my black avenger doing AWD doughnuts in the parking lot of the supermarket now......smoke billowing everywhere....................Once again, I have another car that I was just going to leave alone and drive....then I started looking stuff up, now its over.................no wonder my wife loves me and my cars so much(thats a joke

Old 03-19-2006, 02:45 AM
silvercoupe97
Uber Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

The thing that I like the most...AWD traction! I used to accidentally lose traction on wet ground and even on dry while turning, now...I just go.

Old 03-19-2006, 03:01 AM
silvercoupe97
Uber Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

Oh yeah, back on topic, lol.
So um, Avenger22, has any of this talk helped any? In this thread and your other one?