1995-2000 Dodge Avenger The Dodge Avenger had smooth styling in addition to solid craftmanship. To this day you can find Dodge Avenger enthusiasts proud to show of their gems.

SuperAvenger!?

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2006, 10:50 AM
silvercoupe97
Uber Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: SuperAvenger!?

There hasn't been any documented 6G72, twin turbo equiped Avengers, like you would find in a 3000gt VR4 or a Stealth R/T TT. There have been claims of them, but no one could post pics of the motor or any kind of proof. Besides that motor is too tall for our engine bays and the firewall would need to be moved in towards the cabin for it to work. Not that it could be done, but that is a lot of work. The top end of the motor would have to be modified or the hood would have to be moved up with a very long cowl just to fit. A lot of work, but it can be done. No one has been brave enough or has enough money to take on that task though.

Sadly, you can't swap the two motors with the two trannys in the way you're thinking of Pappi. That would make a lot of people happy though, lol.

Old 08-30-2006, 11:49 AM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

ORIGINAL: silvercoupe97

I'm not quite sure about having a Super Avenger though DR, lol, thanks though bro!
I'm sorry bud, but I'm going to have to disagree. Your car, the way it is, is how both the Avenger and the Stratus coupes should have been offered. Maybe not the AWD, but definitely with a stock turbo option. Would have made these cars more popular and probably would have sold better then they did.

However, your car is definitely "Super" worthy. To be one of 3 AWD Turbo'd Avengers.....and to be one of what I like to call super sleepers to begin with.....I think its a damn sweet ride.

Old 09-02-2006, 11:46 AM
silvercoupe97
Uber Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

There is a fourth 4g63 AWD Avenger now. He's got to tune then it'll be up and running the streets. So, in the next month or so, there will be two AWD Avengers rippin' the streets! He's got a body kit and he's bagged too. I think he should strip the air bag suspension because IMO it won't hold up to AWD launches at all, that's a lot of stress on them everytime he takes off hard, plus the fact that they are softer than stock spring.
The other two are still getting there, progress is slow on them for some reason though.

Old 09-04-2006, 04:40 AM
avengerdude27
Rookie

there actually was a twin turbo avenger v6 a while back
he had everything up and runnin except for the rear turbo had a drain issue which is why exile set theirs with a single
too ba dyou dont have a 4 cyl
it it soo much easier to build power
next spring ill post some track times when i finally get mine ready to run down the strip
shes down due to burnin a clutch

Old 09-04-2006, 05:28 AM
silvercoupe97
Uber Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

Wait, you mean that the stock motor was twin turbo'd and not the 6g72TT motor, correct?

Old 09-04-2006, 11:33 PM
avengerdude27
Rookie

ya there was a guy in northern pa alain built the manifolds for the stock 2.5 and it did run till one of the turbos seized due to the oil not drainingif the turbo would have been up 3-4 inches more it would have worked or perhaps a pump system on it