1995-2000 Dodge Avenger The Dodge Avenger had smooth styling in addition to solid craftmanship. To this day you can find Dodge Avenger enthusiasts proud to show of their gems.

SuperAvenger!?

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2006, 06:19 PM
yanickee
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SuperAvenger!?

What is the mechanical limit for the Avenger 2.5L? How many hps can 2.5L engine give with all the mods (turbo kit, etc)? And can anyone give me a link just to see how the V6 Avenger looks with a turbo kit on!?
Thanks

Old 08-29-2006, 07:39 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin
Default RE: SuperAvenger!?

ORIGINAL: yanickee

What is the mechanical limit for the Avenger 2.5L? How many hps can 2.5L engine give with all the mods (turbo kit, etc)? And can anyone give me a link just to see how the V6 Avenger looks with a turbo kit on!?
Thanks
Simply check out the Avenger Section's moderator......silvercoupe97

https://dodgeforum.com/showProfile.asp?memid=17025

He's got a 97 Avenger turbo'd and it's AWD......one of the sweetest rides I have ever, ever seen.....

As for horsepower....I'd say 400-500hp is probably the max unless you got ALOT of cash.....and even then you'd need to start looking into alot more mods...

Old 08-30-2006, 03:33 AM
silvercoupe97
Uber Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

Here's some pics of turbos installed on the V6 from Exile Racing. Stage 2 puts out about 310hp at the crank. This kit brings the turbo psi up to 10psi. The turbo sits at valve cover level, so you see it as soon as you open the hood.

I believe the motor is capable of possibly 400hp before needing to upgrade parts, don't quote me on that though. Steve from Exile had a write up on it at one time but it's not on his site anymore.

Just remember that the motor that a turbo would be going into needs to be in good running condition or else all that pressure will just weaken it even more..FAST!

I'm not quite sure about having a Super Avenger though DR, lol, thanks though bro!

Old 08-30-2006, 05:52 AM
yanickee
Professional

DR, I agree on Coupe's ride! SWEET! Wish I could invest more money and dedicate more time to my Venger, but all I did was the stereo system upgrade so far! We'll see how it goes! More money more mods, no money-some mods

Old 08-30-2006, 08:32 AM
silvercoupe97
Uber Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

ORIGINAL: yanickee

Wish I could invest more money and dedicate more time to my Venger, but all I did was the stereo system upgrade so far!
That's how I started too
I'm also the original owner of mine, so I've had it for 9 years, so it was time for either a new car or update/upgrade the Avenger and we know how that ended, lol.

Old 08-30-2006, 09:27 AM
jakbob

my biggest concern is how much hp the auto tranny can take...

Old 08-30-2006, 09:47 AM
silvercoupe97
Uber Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

Good question or concern Jakbob. The shell itself is fine, it's the internals. Steve always suggests going with a rebuilt tranny with upgraded internals just for that concern. He told me that the way it is stock is fine for stock applications but that it was a weak tranny to begin with, which is nothing new really. Give our A604s enough heat and it'll get lost trying to find the correct gear to be in, lol. There are some boosted v6 Avengers out there and they don't seem to have tranny issues yet, but I don't think they drive it enough to heat the tranny fluids to cause issues with it. Plus most of them added tranny coolers and that helps. Just remember heat, that is the biggest killer for auto trannys.

I was considering getting a built tranny anyway with ERTs stage 2 kit and was offered to be a test mule for the stage 3 turbo kit, but I was really looking forward to driving a boosted manual tranny car. On top of that I had to move to Hawaii and I wouldn't be a really good test mule being so far away. His shop was only about 300-400 miles at the time and the drive wouldn't have been any issue at all, but I wanted a manual and his manual swap just wasn't happening sadly.

Old 08-30-2006, 10:03 AM
jakbob

uh i know...i found out like yesterday that ERT doesnt do the v6 manual tranny swap...sadness...i'll have to do it...how would i find out if the manual tranny for the v6 out of a 2g eclipse would be hydro or cable?

Old 08-30-2006, 10:14 AM
silvercoupe97
Uber Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

You lost me on that last statement Jakbob, lol.

They've found a manual tranny that will bolt up but can't find a place to move the crankshaft position sensor.

Old 08-30-2006, 10:35 AM
PappiDread6
Record Breaker

I have the friend who told me that this Junk Yard has this Dodge Avenger V6 auto with a Twin Turbo!!! He said they were selling it for $400. I looked around on the web most Dodge Avengers I seen or heard of being Turbo Charged were done by they owner of the car, Did Dodge make a twin turbo Avenger and I don't know about it? Also wondering if the kid was talking about a Stealth. But if it is true will I be able to swap my I4 built for a 5-speed Manual for a V6 built for an Automatic?