1995-2000 Dodge Avenger The Dodge Avenger had smooth styling in addition to solid craftmanship. To this day you can find Dodge Avenger enthusiasts proud to show of their gems.

How to disable stock alarm

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2006, 02:52 AM
ProjectVenge
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to disable stock alarm

Anyone know how to disable stock alarm on a 96 avenger. It seems to have a bad habit of going off when i unlock the doors with key. With no way of shutting off alarm its kinda a pain in the ***.Any suggestions?

Old 12-17-2006, 03:27 AM
PappiDread6
Record Breaker
Default RE: How to disable stock alarm

Yeah I had that prob with mine but it would trip when I wuz lookin under the hood. There is a toggle switch underneath the steeing wheel if not there the lower left side of the wheel I not sure right now. When you flip the switch watch the red light on top of the steering wheel and watch how fast it blinks you want it to blink slower.

Old 12-17-2006, 10:03 PM
silvercoupe97
Uber Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

I've seen a how-to on it somewhere. I'll look for it again and post it up for you two. That's about the only time I would disengage the stock alarm anyway (when it goes haywire). Just so you two know though, it will no longer allow you to use the stock keyless entry.

Old 12-22-2006, 11:01 PM
PappiDread6
Record Breaker

U Jinx! U MTHF'n JINK!

I changed the battery cuz the last 1 wuz dead and they alarm system got fried in the process. Asoon as I open the door it went off and the button no longer works LMAO so I try all this BS to shut it of then finnally disconnect the batt. I know I know thats not good 4 the PC. But yo ProjectVenge check u need 2 ppl for this. I had sum1 in the car with the door lock and key in the ignition. Reconnected the battery had them pull the Theft system fuse its the red one with a "10 on it all the way to the left top row. Then pulled the horn switch. The alarm kept goign for a couple seconds afterward then the second it stopped she turned the key and it started an ran with no noise. I'm still debating if it disables the alarm cuz I went to take back the old battery 4 a core charge and told her it will be awhile cuz the lines are long and she shuts off the car. WHY!!! Now we are back to square 1 so I did it again twice the 3rd time she started but the alarm stayed on and we just drove home like that.

Im taking her to the dealer tomorrow and gettin the alarm button replace and shutting off the alarm system and gettin an aftermarket 1. But hit a playa up if you have found out another way to kill the alarm.

Old 12-23-2006, 10:59 PM
PappiDread6
Record Breaker

I made sum calls and we didn't come with stock alarms. So I had to get a hold of the dude i bought it off of. All I have is a toggle switch to my left down near the fuses. The previous owner told me that to disegage the alarm hit the switch to the left. I don't know what you have or how urs is set up so try this. I got my wip ghetto rigged where I but the key in the "on" postition use my jumper pack and start my wip up. I can't do anything till tuesday and I still need to get around.

Old 12-24-2006, 09:28 PM
silvercoupe97
Uber Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

Ok, try this...
Original: James92TSi

All you have to do to disable a 2G factory alarm is ground the green/white wire in the drivers door (you can also find the wire in the drivers kick panel). Test to make sure you have the correct wire, as the parking light circuit is also green/white.

The green/white wire normally gets grounded when you unlock the door using the key (which disarms the factory alarm). Permanently grounding that wire permanently disarms the factory alarm.
Don't mind the 2G comment since we have the same positions in our platforms.

Old 12-25-2006, 03:26 AM
PappiDread6
Record Breaker

Thanks! I'll hit that up when it I get a chance.

I'm confused tho,the dealer told me that we dont' have factory alarms, well the model I have doesn't (96 ES 5-speed). Also I hit up the previous owner he said they got it from Best Buy, so if there is an aftermarket alarm in my wip will I still have those wires or will there b othere spliced in wires that I will hafta worry about?

Old 12-27-2006, 10:46 PM
PappiDread6
Record Breaker

TTT Her u Go SPIKENOX07 .

Oh yeah I got mine disabled on cost $40 bucks took them like 10 minutes tho. My alarm wuz under my steering wheel 2 the left. All them cats did wuz pull all the wires out of the alarm system and crimp the wires so they won't touch each otha or my legs.

Old 07-21-2007, 05:20 PM
BuckNut09

ive been having this problem and fyi grounding the green and white wire did nothin also someone has had an aftermarket alarm on my car and that wire was already spliced but not grounded and i tried grounding it in several different areas and nothin happened this problem is becoming a real pain and i would like to get it solved any help would be appreciated

Old 07-25-2007, 05:36 AM
silvercoupe97
Uber Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

Did you hit the right wire Buck? There are two green/white wires and the wiring coming from the brain is the one that needs to be grounded. You can also just solder a short wire to it and solder a ring on the other end then ground it.
The one green/white wire that powers up when the door is open is the one that goes to the door switch. The brain is also not very hard to spot, you just have to really dig to find it

Quick Reply: How to disable stock alarm