1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

Before and After

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2009, 04:18 PM
'95Dakota
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dude! That thing is fricken kickass!

haha all the scrape marks on the bumper just add character

Old 08-15-2009, 04:09 PM
KustomD

Originally Posted by batman13
dude that truck is beyond sick
Originally Posted by '95Dakota
dude! That thing is fricken kickass!

haha all the scrape marks on the bumper just add character
Thanks guys

Lol the valance has taken a beating hitting curbs and speedbumps , may be selling it or willing to trade for a stock one soon, as I may be body dropping it come winter this valance will be too low for the truck then ....

Also future mods include a rebuilt for show 318 V8, all that extra steel on the frame made it heavy as hell, I need to beef up the motor

Old 08-15-2009, 05:28 PM
Coadster
Rookie

Whered you get the dash! I gotta have that!

Old 08-16-2009, 09:15 AM
dakota33
Professional

Very nice truck... Im not a fan of 2wd., But this truck I love. Great Job on it man.. the fabrication is unreal.. looks like you put a tonne of money into it!

Old 08-16-2009, 04:10 PM
KustomD

I try not to look at the spread sheet anymore but the value input into the project is up at $10,000 over 4 years.... basically extra money I had over time... the air ride kit, rims, and misc parts are the bulk of that dollar value.

I built the dash myself , this whole project has allowed me to learn how to fiberglass, bodywork, weld/fabricate, etc. I have taken the truck apart so many times that I could probably put it back together blindfolded lol...

Here's the quick dash build:

Stock in truck... you will notice it is cut up near the stereo opening, some low lifes figured it would be easier to steal it by cutting up the vinyl dash , even though we all know you just need to break the plastic trim... I repaired this as well and installed a 1/4" steel plate bolted to the dash frame for the stereo, and the trim was replaced with 1/16" mirrored steel over the wood grain look...

Stretched cloth for screen...

After fiberglassing & body filling, first of about 4 coats of primer...

Painted and reinstalled...

This was the test fit, I removed the dash, replaced the carpet, and cleaned up the wiring loom under the dash. I have actually opened up a side business customizing & fiberglassing hopefully my truck acts as a display of my work considering what it used to look like lol every show it is at has a book of the build from start to finish....

I built the truck to my taste there are times I get people who don't like it, but it is my baby

I have well over 500 pics of the build, if you guys want anymore let me know what you want to see

Old 08-17-2009, 08:09 AM
dakota33
Professional

that is simply amazing! I would love to be able to do some work like that, or atleast have you close to me.. so I could pay to get it done lol. Just a question since I see you put alot of work into this... did you get any subs or make any custom boxes for that in the truck?

Old 08-27-2009, 08:54 PM
94 mark3
Professional

Originally Posted by KustomD
I try not to look at the spread sheet anymore but the value input into the project is up at $10,000 over 4 years.... basically extra money I had over time... the air ride kit, rims, and misc parts are the bulk of that dollar value.

I built the dash myself , this whole project has allowed me to learn how to fiberglass, bodywork, weld/fabricate, etc. I have taken the truck apart so many times that I could probably put it back together blindfolded lol...

Here's the quick dash build:

Stock in truck... you will notice it is cut up near the stereo opening, some low lifes figured it would be easier to steal it by cutting up the vinyl dash , even though we all know you just need to break the plastic trim... I repaired this as well and installed a 1/4" steel plate bolted to the dash frame for the stereo, and the trim was replaced with 1/16" mirrored steel over the wood grain look...

This was the test fit, I removed the dash, replaced the carpet, and cleaned up the wiring loom under the dash. I have actually opened up a side business customizing & fiberglassing hopefully my truck acts as a display of my work considering what it used to look like lol every show it is at has a book of the build from start to finish....

I built the truck to my taste there are times I get people who don't like it, but it is my baby

I have well over 500 pics of the build, if you guys want anymore let me know what you want to see

you need to make a thread of your own and post a TON of pictures! it'll be a VERY interesting read!

Old 08-27-2009, 10:15 PM
95_318SLT
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 94 mark3
you need to make a thread of your own and post a TON of pictures! it'll be a VERY interesting read!
+1. I want to see all 500 picture :P Jk. But I would seriously like to see a good amount of them, especially the taillight install.

Old 08-28-2009, 10:25 AM
KustomD

Originally Posted by 94 mark3
Originally Posted by 95_318SLT
+1. I want to see all 500 picture :P Jk. But I would seriously like to see a good amount of them, especially the taillight install.
Lol, you got it guys, gimme a chance to do a write up and i'll post it up in the build section.

I do have more going into the truck this winter like a nice 318 V8.... and a new paint job... maybe some new tail-lights (im kinda tired of the caddies we'll see though).

I'll post the link when it is up.

Old 08-28-2009, 01:38 PM
Beverly Stayart
Rookie

Thanks to everyone for all the great pics!