1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

aceleration hesitation! 94 Dakota V-6 3.9L

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2009, 04:44 PM
ZackN920
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What would you say about mine 95 318SLT, because i gun it and put the pedle flat on the floor and it goes up to 4000 or a little above then to the next gear
though i also dont know what the magnums redline is since the LA is about 5250RPM

Old 07-11-2009, 10:57 PM
bigttackett

well turns out when i installed the new EGR valve i caught part of a vacuum hose under the seal. my father wanted to check it out before i spent more money on it and well what do you know. any who thank you for your help! i do want to make a suggestion to anyone else who replaces their EGR that they NEED to put a silicon seal on it!

Old 08-30-2009, 12:06 PM
bigttackett

alright im still having poblems. the egr had nothing to do with the problem but since my last post i have replaced: all vacuum lines, fuel pump/regulator, cleaned air intake. I am still having the same problems, they are not as bad as before, but i really would like some suggestions. i have checked the compression it is fine, i have replaced any sensors that i could think would be the problem. the check engine light is still NOT on. my transmission seems fine, the fluid is still purple/red. i have listed other repairs already in this thread. i have also been having a problem with the a/c unit where the belt is supposed to turn will not always engage the unit, but it still spins just fine. like i said i really need some advice, i love my little truck and i want it to run good, it is a 239 magnum V6 auto.

Old 08-30-2009, 01:31 PM
95_318SLT
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You said the check engine light is not on, but have you actually run the codes yet? A lot of codes can be stored without the light staying on.

If there are no codes, its impossible to say for sure what is causing it. Every sensor attached to the engine sends info to the computer to make it run. Does this feel like an engine hesitation or a transmission hesitation? In other words, when you hit the gas, does it feel like the engine is bogging down, or does the engine react fine and the transmission feels like it hesitates to engage?

Quick Reply: aceleration hesitation! 94 Dakota V-6 3.9L