1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

Source for carpet

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2009, 01:09 PM
dbilik
Record Breaker
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Source for carpet

So far the only source I have found is JCwhitney. Anyone swap their carpet out? I would really like to get vinyl but I don't think that is giong to happen, cannot find it. THanks.

Old 11-16-2009, 02:09 PM
Crazy4x4RT
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Is yours all torn up?

Old 11-16-2009, 04:08 PM
dbilik
Record Breaker

Yeah, the previous owner left it pretty bad, actually really bad shape as it was, then with all the rust from the drivers side floor pan that got on it and the water it is not pretty.

I was going to use the roll on bed liner on the floor but would like to put carpet back so the trim pieces look good.

Old 11-16-2009, 04:13 PM
festerw
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I believe JC Whitney has vinyl replacement flooring also.

Old 11-16-2009, 04:22 PM
dbilik
Record Breaker

They do, but not for extended cab.

Old 11-16-2009, 06:29 PM
LO 619
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dbilik
Yeah, the previous owner left it pretty bad, actually really bad shape as it was, then with all the rust from the drivers side floor pan that got on it and the water it is not pretty.

I was going to use the roll on bed liner on the floor but would like to put carpet back so the trim pieces look good.
Yep, same here. I wonder if there is a way to make the trim fit nicely with the bedliner, I'm guessing there really isn't. My carpet is not nice and if I black out my interior the carpet is going to mess up the scheme.

I'm going to check out the site you guys mentioned. I have seen carpet replacements on ebay for $160... That's just too much.

Old 11-16-2009, 07:19 PM
dbilik
Record Breaker

Well I searched and searched and finally I came up with something. ACC, who sells carpet and vinyl to JCWhitney, will custom make you vinyl or carpet for the Dakota, in a variety of different colors. Only downside is that it is not cheap, a tad over $200 for the piece. Good news is that they are running 25% if you order online from now until the end of the year. It would be nice to have heavy duty vinyl in the truck that matched the OEM carpet, but I don't think that will happen. They only have beige and I think our carpet might be called doeskin. In any event, I am happy that I at least have a choice even if it is going to cost me some money.

Oh, and they are mailing me 3 free samples so I can color match what I want.

Old 11-18-2009, 01:08 AM
LO 619
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why not just get the carpet from ebay? It's cheaper.

Old 11-19-2009, 07:05 AM
comingbackdown

Originally Posted by dbilik

Huh... I just got my hands on a '92, and it has a hole in the driver's side floor pan, right above a mount. Carpet never took on water that I can see, but rust has an effect on everything.

She's going to need some cleaning, and I hope I don't have to scavenge the junkyard for carpet scraps.

Good luck in your search!

Old 01-21-2010, 08:46 PM
csam
Amateur

stockinteriors.com

I have been looking at their carpet for Dakota, and a Nissan. got good reviews on a nissan maxima forum, but I have not used it yet.

Quick Reply: Source for carpet