1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

It Just Dies... Part II

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2010, 09:53 PM
MRS_ROCKIN_ROBIN
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks guys!!!

Well unfortunately the problem still existed. What to do, what to do???
Well in my case I handed the problem over to Rob (my husband), I dont usually like him working on my stuff because of his back (after 5 back surgeries I wouldn't want to work on anything either!!!) and taking it to a mechanic is out of the question after my experience with them not to mention the state of our finances, so I try to do the best that I can without his help but there's just somethings that everyone needs help on, Hmmmm.... go figure, after just 1 hour he had it purring like a kitten and I've been driving it every since with no problems what so ever!!!
But I still have no fast idle, even after I change one of the sensor's the lower one that's on the block basically down behind the alternator, Rob checked the other one with a multi-meter and it fell within normal range so I didn't need to change it. He can't figure the fast idle thing out either, after everything that I've changed!!!
Anybody got any different idea's??? I could use the help!!!

Thanks again,

Merrie

Old 08-07-2010, 10:23 PM
shadowthedakota
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what did he do to fix it? I'm stumped...

Old 08-08-2010, 08:22 PM
MRS_ROCKIN_ROBIN
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by shadowthedakota
what did he do to fix it? I'm stumped...

I asked Rob what he done and he said that there was a wire splice that was coming out of the PCM that didn't look right to him, it was strong as he yanked on it and it didn't come apart, but he took it apart anyhow and re-done it, then bent all the wires back into place and taped them up, it's been running so good that we've taken it fishing the last two days and it has yet to stumble, faulter or anything else!!! In fact it seems to have more power now than ever, he towed the boat at 65mph with no hiccups!!! Don't know if he done anything else as thats all he mentioned to me!!!
I would take him out for a triple scoop of ice cream but don't think his doctor would like that since he's a diabetic, so guess I'll buy him a new fishing pole, since the dog knocked his into the water today!!!!

By the way I STILL HAVE NO FAST IDLE!!!!

Name:  100_5297.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  39.9 KB

Merrie

Quick Reply: It Just Dies... Part II