1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

New and looking to trade my Yota T100 for Dakota

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2011 | 04:13 PM
siggie30
Captain

Originally Posted by shadowthedakota
i don't know what he is talking about... you won't find ported heads unless you get them new or get it done on a used head. i'm not familar with cams, so no comment there. and '92-'93 5.2l has the bigger exhaust out of the bunch from the factory.

from what i've dealt with toyotas do make a better motor but the bodies tend to rust out fast.

and i agree with crazy, any vehicle that has been regularly maintained, doesn't matter what it is, will last a long time.

my motto is, "respect your truck and your truck will respect you."

I was making a funny, however in the interest of issues:

CPS is an issue with age, the engine does not like to be above 4300 RPM (limited via camshaft), there are concerns over electrical splices under the fuse box, the heat circuit requires flushing at inopportune times, the spark plugs used on dodges are a bit hotter than comparative makers, the 4x4 systems are dated by today's standard, odd wheel lug pattern.

In reference to the Toyota rust issue, the 95-04' frames were subbed out to a steel company that used subspec steel. Thus the concern about Toyota's rusting. The steel was limited to the Tacoma, 4Runner line. Other models were not affected in the same manner, but to save face, Toyota extended the rust warranty to include other lines.

Last edited by siggie30; 01-08-2011 at 04:17 PM.

Quick Reply: New and looking to trade my Yota T100 for Dakota