1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

94 Dakota Questions

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2013, 02:14 PM
fnewtz
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 94 Dakota Questions

1. I need the bolt size for the Tailgate side connector. I believe they require a torx driver but don't know the size.

2. What does PDC stand for and where is it under the hood? My radio won't work although the 10amp fuse is fine. Read where I need to check the PDC 5 amp fuse in the PDC.

3. Is there anyway I can clean the headlight covers? Tried window cleaner but doesn't make them clear. Still seems to be dull and colored.

Old 12-24-2013, 02:54 PM
shadowthedakota
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

1. not sure sadly

2. power distrobution center. its the under hood fuse box on the left fender.

3. headlight restoration kits work really well but there are other options. google has good info on them. otherwise buying new headlight housings would be another option but thats more expensive.

Old 12-24-2013, 03:10 PM
Tom A
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

3) Toothpaste and a dry rag work amazingly well. Just squirt some toothpaste on the rag, rub it into your headlights, and wash it off. I've done it myself and couldn't believe the results.

Old 12-24-2013, 05:07 PM
92DakotaClub
Veteran

well I used a buffer on my cordless drill and toothpaste and worked amazing ....

Old 12-24-2013, 06:47 PM
fnewtz

Will try the toothpaste. thanks!

Have additional questions now that I've tried some things. (1) Have a V6 Club Cab with a dome light over the back seat. Replaced bulb and no light. Turned light switch to far left (heard it click); Opened door and checked fuses under dash as well as the PDC. (2) Everything else works inside except radio (original). Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Old 12-24-2013, 06:58 PM
92DakotaClub
Veteran

Originally Posted by fnewtz
Will try the toothpaste. thanks!

Have additional questions now that I've tried some things. (1) Have a V6 Club Cab with a dome light over the back seat. Replaced bulb and no light. Turned light switch to far left (heard it click); Opened door and checked fuses under dash as well as the PDC. (2) Everything else works inside except radio (original). Any thoughts would be appreciated.
so you saying light works or don't.. sorry Christmas drinks catching up LOL anyway volt meter see if power is present at the socket.. possible defective bulb... also there is 2 bulbs to light up foot wells on pass and drivers side are they lighting up? I believe they are lil 194 bulbs(peanut bulbs) cant remember ...

Old 12-24-2013, 09:50 PM
tbugden
All Star
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

For the headlights, I haven't tried the toothpaste method, though I have heard it works well. I used the 3M kit on my Subaru, and it worked awesome. Still looks just about the same over a year later. It says it has enough for two headlights, but I probably could have done nearly four. With the small lenses on these trucks, you'd have no problem at all doing four headlights. Sorry, I can't find the exact kit I used, but here's some on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_st?ke...rank_authority

Toothpaste is cheaper, though, I think I'll give it a try for my truck.

Old 12-24-2013, 10:32 PM
Reesey
Amateur

Is your radio stock? If not, it could be an inline fuse within the radios power hook up. When i replaced my cass. player for a cd,usb updated one from my lifetime, it had a 5amp fuse in the power supply line.

Old 12-24-2013, 11:34 PM
shadowthedakota
Record Breaker

ive tried the toothpaste method on many a different vehicles and the only one i couldnt get it to work on was my uncles 98 yukon.

Old 12-25-2013, 08:11 AM
daksnbeers
Professional

Did you put the festoon dome light in the correct way? They only work one way. I used a rain-x brand head light restoration kit. It just seemed like some kind of a silicone spray and 2000 grit sand paper pads. It also came with a "sealer" again I believe a silicone based spray. It got all the oxidation off of the lense on the outside. Still really yellow on the inside. I've been meaning to cut the lenses off the housing to clean the inside, probably use a clear drying liquid nail to re-apply them. Way cheaper than 50 bucks each for new headlights.

Quick Reply: 94 Dakota Questions