1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

finally found a nv3500

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2015, 08:15 AM
93 ragtop
Record Breaker
Received 102 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by rx7_dude2003
Yes, I'm sure my 92 and 93 are both electronic. The portion valve you can get a manual adjusting valve for the rear and you can adjust it were you feel is the best for you. You can find them from your local speed shop.

I appreciate the offer, and I may have to go that way. But first I am going to keep searching for a cable driven transfer case.
I want to do this for a few reasons. 1. my truck has 76xxx orig. miles on it. Like to keep the speedometer, and keep the interior as orig. as possible. Its actually in pretty good shape. 2. The reason I was staying with a carb. setup, is to keep the truck as electronically simple as possible. For me, its just easier to work with.
I do appreciate your input and will keep you posted on what I do. Thanks again.

Old 09-12-2015, 12:01 AM
rx7_dude2003
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default finally found a nv3500

Originally Posted by 93 ragtop

I appreciate the offer, and I may have to go that way. But first I am going to keep searching for a cable driven transfer case.
I want to do this for a few reasons. 1. my truck has 76xxx orig. miles on it. Like to keep the speedometer, and keep the interior as orig. as possible. Its actually in pretty good shape. 2. The reason I was staying with a carb. setup, is to keep the truck as electronically simple as possible. For me, its just easier to work with.
I do appreciate your input and will keep you posted on what I do. Thanks again.
No I hear ya. I believe the electronic cluster will bolt in. And you can't still keep it carbed
My ls1 in my Dakota is carbed which was a fuel injected engine and I agree it's easier to work with.

Old 06-04-2016, 12:51 PM
ragged89
All Star
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm reviving 93ragtop's thread because my NV3500 may have developed a leak at the front seal. Earlier in this thread I noted that I had decided against fooling with the front seal on my NV3500 before I put it in. Actually, the trans looked to be in such good shape I was afraid the risk of causing a leak by not getting the new seal seated properly was greater than the risk that the old seal would leak. Well, my justification may have been more about hurry than logic, and I should have known better. I discovered today that my trans may be leaking from the front, possibly the transmission front seal. Maybe sitting so long without being used caused this, I'm not sure, the trans has less than 100K on it and it behaves nicely otherwise. I still need to inspect it more closely, as it could be an oil pan leak, or possibly a valve cover leaking from the rear.

If it is the transmission, I'get to find out how you squeeze the NV3500, with it's attached bell-housing, out from under a 1st gen Dakota. Looking at it, there doesn't appear to be any way that bell-housing will clear the 4WD front cross-member and the cab without jacking up the front of the cab.

Last edited by ragged89; 06-04-2016 at 10:52 PM.

Quick Reply: finally found a nv3500