1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

Is it Priced Right

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2019, 11:01 AM
tbugden
All Star
Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by crazyjerry
you people are generous. i can fix all those problems myself and still i wouldnt pay over $500. with parts and my time to fix everything it just wouldnt be worth a penny over $500 imo. ya it may not have rust but that doesnt raise the value much, in my book
Ha I'm the opposite. I don't really care about mechanical issues but I wouldn't pay a dime for that thing if it was rusty. I'm so done with dealing with rust.

Old 02-14-2019, 01:17 PM
93 ragtop
Record Breaker
Received 96 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by tbugden
Ha I'm the opposite. I don't really care about mechanical issues but I wouldn't pay a dime for that thing if it was rusty. I'm so done with dealing with rust.

And I thought you were getting pretty good at it too!!

Old 02-14-2019, 01:32 PM
onemore94dak
Record Breaker
Received 131 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by 93 ragtop

And I thought you were getting pretty good at it too!!

Old 02-20-2019, 06:39 PM
volaredon
Record Breaker
Received 48 Likes on 47 Posts

I too would rather have a clean, minimal rust truck that needs a little mechanical work, than a rusted out anything. I look for trucks like this..... usually I buy them with bad trans, bad rear end, need tuneup or water pump, etc that the old owner "doesn't want to be bothered with". Where were you located again? I like 0 monthly payments, and I like older trucks. I work on newer trucks all the time at work. (mostly Fords, I'm a fleet mechanic for the State) The more newer vehicles I see, the less I like them.

Old 02-20-2019, 08:42 PM
Newt1
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by volaredon
I too would rather have a clean, minimal rust truck that needs a little mechanical work, than a rusted out anything. I look for trucks like this..... usually I buy them with bad trans, bad rear end, need tuneup or water pump, etc that the old owner "doesn't want to be bothered with". Where were you located again? I like 0 monthly payments, and I like older trucks. I work on newer trucks all the time at work. (mostly Fords, I'm a fleet mechanic for the State) The more newer vehicles I see, the less I like them.
To answer a couple questions the truck has 126,000 miles and I live in Solomon Ks. I bought a new radiator, thermostat, because I was considering on keeping it if I got the ccourage to to change the timing chain, I'd of course want to replace the water pump as well. I'd sell it to any of my fellow forum members for $1,000 or a trade across for something, that runs better than my Dakota at the moment. Thanks everyone.

Old 02-25-2019, 08:31 AM
ZEN357
Veteran
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The worst thing for me to deal with is rust on the body. I would pay $1500 for a rust free vehicle so all I had to fix was mechanical issues.

Quick Reply: Is it Priced Right