1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

Options as to how I can replace my rear speakers in my 95 dakota SLT

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2019, 06:39 PM
Gerrad Shoemaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Options as to how I can replace my rear speakers in my 95 dakota SLT

So I bought a pair of 6x8 (or 5x7 if you will) after replacing my 2 front speakers. Anyways, I'm not sure how to remove the rear left and right side panels to get to the speakers. Im able to remove the seatbelt bolts and the trim screws, but she wont get more free than a wiggle. Someone please tell me what I have to do to finish removing the panel, thank you.

Old 08-17-2019, 06:40 PM
RalphP
Champion
Received 372 Likes on 343 Posts

Regular cab or extended cab?

(The method is the same - remove everything holding it - but the specifics vary a bit.)

Edit: Brain storm struck after hitting "POST". If you'll go to the stickies at the top of the subforum, the third message says it's a FAQ (fourth is FAQ2). About 40% of the way down on the 3rd message is a link to the factory service manual for the 1995 Dakota. (Also the 1996, different link, same location). Download that and it should have the instructions in the interior trim portion. Also, there's the 1993-1996 Parts List in that same area; the exploded parts diagram for your truck may help see what's holding it still.

RwP

Old 08-17-2019, 07:11 PM
RalphP
Champion

As an addendum, here's the instructions from the 1996 manual; same parts used for 1995, so should be the same sequence.

RwP

Attached Files
Old 08-21-2019, 03:16 PM
chasebh89
Rookie
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Are you trying to get the cover on the speakers off? If so just take a knife or small screwdriver and pry underneath the bottom, it'll pop upwards and lift off. You don't have to take the entire panel off, just that cover unless you're rewiring

Old 08-22-2019, 01:03 PM
RalphP
Champion

Originally Posted by chasebh89
Are you trying to get the cover on the speakers off? If so just take a knife or small screwdriver and pry underneath the bottom, it'll pop upwards and lift off. You don't have to take the entire panel off, just that cover unless you're rewiring
Depends on if it's extended or regular cab, Chasebh89.

Hence the link to the instructions I posted.

RwP

Quick Reply: Options as to how I can replace my rear speakers in my 95 dakota SLT