1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

So what are you doing?

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2020, 09:44 AM
RalphP
Champion
Received 368 Likes on 340 Posts

We rode it out well here; just some oak limbs in the front yard.

Others in North Louisiana weren't so lucky, although I haven't heard of any deaths down here.

Other places weren't that lucky, from what I remember.

RwP

Old 04-15-2020, 09:45 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,270 Likes on 3,017 Posts

They were predicting high winds, and various other ugly weather here..... but, all we got was a stiff breeze, and some clouds. I think the previous wind storm had already cleared most of the dead branches from my trees. So, it was a bit windy, and that was it......

Old 04-15-2020, 02:31 PM
onemore94dak
Champion
Received 132 Likes on 124 Posts
The following users liked this post:
RalphP (04-15-2020)
Old 04-16-2020, 10:24 AM
buick
Veteran
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Going to work might be shut down for me, but there's plenty to do around my place. Never ending cleaning up the shop/yard. Getting Buick prepped for auction on BaT. Lifting the two tone Dak and putting a pile of parts in it that have been waiting for me to get to them. Deleting the diesel X5. Boat all cleaned up and had the family out once so far, hope to get more fishing time with my son. Spending lots of time with my kids while my wife works from home. Overall I'm actually kind of enjoying this mess of a situation.

Old 04-17-2020, 08:56 AM
Bryce V. Fowler
Rookie
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I started on my wiring mess for the radio yesterday... naturally, last guy to "install" just ripped out the factory plugs and twisted the wires together and sealed it with electrical tape... fraggin' pro job... so anyways I call up autozone and ask them about a wiring connection hoping that would be the plugs that were ripped out... End up being the plugs I already got with the install kit from crutchfield, so I had to professionally hack my wiring harness in there. Even better, he burnt out my constant 12v wire so I'm just gonna do the right thing and run a two-wire up to the battery. Girlfriend was getting on me yesterday about cutting some video, but in all honesty, running to the parts store 80 times to watch me cuss and swear and undo someones hackjob into my own "professional" hackjob would have been terribly ****ty content IMO.

Right now, I'm just gonna drink my cup of coffee and think about the best way to get a transmission, transfer case, and rear end pulled from the back field without getting myself injured. I just tried posting this entire thing without logging in first, so I can already tell this day is going to go well

pics of the insolence. I guess they could be salvaged if I had new pins to insert into the clips but I already had a pack of butt connections so I figure why the hell not right?

Last edited by Bryce V. Fowler; 04-17-2020 at 09:06 AM.
Old 04-17-2020, 09:00 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,270 Likes on 3,017 Posts

Might be a good day just to sit and watch the weather go by. Here today, it is snowing. We are supposed to get around 4 inches or so. Quite likely I won't even venture outside today.

RalphP (04-17-2020)
Old 04-17-2020, 10:29 AM
ol' grouch
Champion
Received 581 Likes on 526 Posts

Originally Posted by Bryce V. Fowler
I started on my wiring mess for the radio yesterday... naturally, last guy to "install" just ripped out the factory plugs and twisted the wires together and sealed it with electrical tape... fraggin' pro job... so anyways I call up autozone and ask them about a wiring connection hoping that would be the plugs that were ripped out... End up being the plugs I already got with the install kit from crutchfield, so I had to professionally hack my wiring harness in there. Even better, he burnt out my constant 12v wire so I'm just gonna do the right thing and run a two-wire up to the battery. Girlfriend was getting on me yesterday about cutting some video, but in all honesty, running to the parts store 80 times to watch me cuss and swear and undo someones hackjob into my own "professional" hackjob would have been terribly ****ty content IMO.

Right now, I'm just gonna drink my cup of coffee and think about the best way to get a transmission, transfer case, and rear end pulled from the back field without getting myself injured. I just tried posting this entire thing without logging in first, so I can already tell this day is going to go well

pics of the insolence. I guess they could be salvaged if I had new pins to insert into the clips but I already had a pack of butt connections so I figure why the hell not right?

You are dealing with one of my pet peeves. I have a Cadillac Escalade that the previous owner put a "system" into. When he swapped it for my BMW, he hacked most of it out and slapped a cheapo radio that only played bluetooth. When I went to put a decent radio in it, I found he had whacked the wires off way back in the dash where my thick arms can hardly get to. Yours especially is annoying at Mopar radios from the late 80's to 2001 use the same mounting and connectors. At work, we used to wire up Mopar radios to our lift trucks to have music. We replace the trucks every three years. The aftermarket radios wouldn't last a year due to vibration and dust. Before I came off loading and didn't have my own truck anymore, I had one Mopar radio last three generations of trucks.

To anyone wanting to put a "system" in their car or truck. GET THE CHEAP ADAPTOR KIT!!!

RalphP (04-17-2020)
Old 04-17-2020, 10:41 AM
RalphP
Champion

*sees Bryce V. Fowler's pictures, walks outside, slams head against brick wall to sooth the pain*

See, now, that's a highmark of a previous owner being an idiot, and a jackass.

I'd be SEVERELY worried about any other "repairs" or "upgrades" they had done, too.

BTW - If you want, you CAN buy new vehicle ends from Metra and/or Scosche; I have a pair tied to the radio ends as an extension around here somewhere, so I can play with a radio without having to reach so far in ...

But yes.

Anyone else reading - BUY THE DAMN KITS. Don't butcher that poor truck to save $10 or less.

RwP

Old 04-17-2020, 02:38 PM
RalphP
Champion

Ran across this in my email, thought others might be interested.

https://raybuck.com/how-to-reuuphols...k-bench-seats/

RwP

buick (04-17-2020)
Old 04-17-2020, 07:43 PM
RalphP
Champion

Got the tailpipe, muffler, and extension pipe off today. Cat is loose, but it started raining, so I called it quits.

Have all above new to go on truck, along with clamps (enough I hope!) to put it all together.

Also a new hanger for the tailpipe.

RwP

Quick Reply: So what are you doing?