1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

New member from Greece

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2021, 02:43 PM
jimys
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New member from Greece

Hi to all from Greece
im the owner for a volunteer search rescue team and also owner with one of the best pick up trucks exist on earth
dodge Dakota 3.9 4wd manual transmission
thank you for the acceptance and I think you can help me with some questions I have ( because we aren’t so familiar with the USA vehicles)

The following users liked this post:
bronze (11-10-2021)
Old 11-10-2021, 05:02 PM
RalphP
Champion
Received 372 Likes on 343 Posts

1994 and 1995 are very close; you may want to pull down the factory service manual from the FAQ message (the third of the stickied messages at the top of the subforum you're posting in now), about 40% down is a link to it.

Grab that for general information.

Sorry, it's in English and Mechanic, not in Greek.

RwP

Old 11-11-2021, 03:40 AM
jimys

Originally Posted by RalphP
1994 and 1995 are very close; you may want to pull down the factory service manual from the FAQ message (the third of the stickied messages at the top of the subforum you're posting in now), about 40% down is a link to it.

Grab that for general information.

Sorry, it's in English and Mechanic, not in Greek.

RwP
thank you for your help it’s something to start learning

Old 11-11-2021, 06:43 PM
bronze
Record Breaker
Received 439 Likes on 376 Posts

Originally Posted by jimys
thank you for your help it’s something to start learning
Very nice looking Dakota!

Old 11-11-2021, 10:52 PM
ol' grouch
Champion
Received 593 Likes on 538 Posts

What year is your truck? I had a 3.9 Dakota I bought new in 1993. Great little truck. In 150,000 miles, all it needed was routine maintenance and a steering rack at 110,000 miles.

Καλώς ήλθατε στο φόρουμ. Το Google Translate είναι ο φίλος σας
Kalós ílthate sto fóroum. To Google Translate eínai o fílos sas

Old 11-12-2021, 01:25 AM
jimys

Originally Posted by ol' grouch
What year is your truck? I had a 3.9 Dakota I bought new in 1993. Great little truck. In 150,000 miles, all it needed was routine maintenance and a steering rack at 110,000 miles.

Καλώς ήλθατε στο φόρουμ. Το Google Translate είναι ο φίλος σας
Kalós ílthate sto fóroum. To Google Translate eínai o fílos sas
It’s 93’ model that came new from USA for the forestry service for about 10 years after that the fire service had it for about 20 years and now it’s donated to our team and of course we did a lot of works to be in this like new condition.
the only problem with this truck is the fuel cost because in Greece and in Europe we have litres and the comparison with gallons is
1 gallon / 4 litres and the price per litre is 1,70€
here is our team into Facebook
hellenicamerican search and rescue team
https://www.facebook.com/HASRTeam/

Old 11-12-2021, 10:29 AM
ol' grouch
Champion

It’s 93’ model that came new from USA for the forestry service for about 10 years after that the fire service had it for about 20 years and now it’s donated to our team and of course we did a lot of works to be in this like new condition.
the only problem with this truck is the fuel cost because in Greece and in Europe we have litres and the comparison with gallons is
1 gallon / 4 litres and the price per litre is 1,70€
here is our team into Facebook
hellenicamerican search and rescue team
https://www.facebook.com/HASRTeam/

If you're a volunteer service, I was a volunteer first responder from 1984 to 1993. I bought my Dakota during that time and it worked out better than the surplus military equipment we had.

Εάν είστε εθελοντής υπηρεσία, ήμουν εθελοντής πρώτος ανταποκριτής από το 1984 έως το 1993. Αγόρασα τη Ντακότα μου κατά τη διάρκεια της ώρας και εργάστηκε καλύτερα από το πλεόνασμα του στρατιωτικού εξοπλισμού που είχαμε.

If you have any questions, I still have my paper manual. My truck didn't have any bad habits so it should serve you well. Except for mine being a regular cab, it was identical to yours.

Εάν έχετε οποιεσδήποτε ερωτήσεις, εξακολουθώ να έχω το εγχειρίδιο του χαρτιού μου. Το φορτηγό μου δεν είχε κακή συνήθειες, ώστε να σας εξυπηρετήσει καλά. Εκτός από το δικό μου είναι μια τακτική καμπίνα, ήταν πανομοιότυπη με τη δική σας.

Old 11-12-2021, 11:50 AM
jimys

Originally Posted by ol' grouch
If you're a volunteer service, I was a volunteer first responder from 1984 to 1993. I bought my Dakota during that time and it worked out better than the surplus military equipment we had.

Εάν είστε εθελοντής υπηρεσία, ήμουν εθελοντής πρώτος ανταποκριτής από το 1984 έως το 1993. Αγόρασα τη Ντακότα μου κατά τη διάρκεια της ώρας και εργάστηκε καλύτερα από το πλεόνασμα του στρατιωτικού εξοπλισμού που είχαμε.

If you have any questions, I still have my paper manual. My truck didn't have any bad habits so it should serve you well. Except for mine being a regular cab, it was identical to yours.

Εάν έχετε οποιεσδήποτε ερωτήσεις, εξακολουθώ να έχω το εγχειρίδιο του χαρτιού μου. Το φορτηγό μου δεν είχε κακή συνήθειες, ώστε να σας εξυπηρετήσει καλά. Εκτός από το δικό μου είναι μια τακτική καμπίνα, ήταν πανομοιότυπη με τη δική σας.
thank you and I’m happy to meet one more volunteer person.
about the manual book I’m asking you if you can make a copy and send it to my relatives who living in Franklin TN USA and they can delivery to me the copy.
If you come in Greece for vacations you are welcome to meet you .
The Dakota is just outstanding truck for our wild terrain we have narrow rocky uncountable forestry roads and it’s fantastic comparison with the new brands and models like Nissan navara or Toyota hi lux the common brush trucks we have .
Some pics

From yesterday fires involving our Dakota brush truck into action

Old 11-13-2021, 12:12 PM
ol' grouch
Champion

thank you and I’m happy to meet one more volunteer person.
about the manual book I’m asking you if you can make a copy and send it to my relatives who living in Franklin TN USA and they can delivery to me the copy.
If you come in Greece for vacations you are welcome to meet you .
The Dakota is just outstanding truck for our wild terrain we have narrow rocky uncountable forestry roads and it’s fantastic comparison with the new brands and models like Nissan navara or Toyota hi lux the common brush trucks we have .
Some pics

From yesterday fires involving our Dakota brush truck into action

I don't like to get rid of manuals and it's fairly thick to be making a copy. I believe there is one somewhere here on this site you can reference. I also collect old manuals and reference books. My oldest is a 1909 copy of "Audell's Answers for the Automobilist". Sort of like an early Haynes. I also have a copy of "Field Troubleshooting Manual" from 1936 and "Automotive Troubleshooters Manual" from 1934. Some of the specifics are obsolete, but the basics and such are still relevant. What different vacuum readings mean for instance. I'll look around and see if I can find some photos from when I was a first responder.

Δεν μου αρέσει να απαλλαγούμε από τα εγχειρίδια και είναι αρκετά παχύ να κάνει ένα αντίγραφο. Πιστεύω ότι υπάρχει κάπου εδώ σε αυτόν τον ιστότοπο, μπορείτε να αναφέρετε. Συλλέγομαι επίσης παλιά εγχειρίδια και βιβλία αναφοράς. Το παλαιότερο μου είναι ένα αντίγραφο του 1909 των "απαντήσεων του Audell για τον αυτοκινητοβιομηχανό". Είδος σαν ένα πρώιμο haynes. Έχω επίσης ένα αντίγραφο του εγχειριδίου αντιμετώπισης προβλημάτων του πεδίου "από το 1936 και" Εγχειρίδιο αντιμετώπισης προβλημάτων αυτοκινήτων "από το 1934. Ορισμένες από τις ιδιαιτερότητες είναι παρωχημένες, αλλά τα βασικά και αυτά είναι ακόμα σημαντικά. Ποιες διαφορετικές ενδείξεις κενού σημαίνουν για παράδειγμα. Θα κοιτάξω γύρω και θα δω αν μπορώ να βρω κάποιες φωτογραφίες από όταν ήμουν ένας πρώτος ανταποκριτής.

Old 11-14-2021, 03:08 PM
jimys

Where can I find the outer weatherstrips for Dakota 93’ left and right
I did a lot of search but I can’t find a site to have available these rubber strips
can I use from another car or model that fitting correct?
31and 7/64 inches the exact length

Quick Reply: New member from Greece