1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Battery or Alternator Questions?????

Old 07-18-2012, 08:49 PM
Old_School
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by It's Me Patt
My fault should have mentioned '2nd gen ram'...I know I'm in the durango area here, but unfortunately mine is located within the PCM..And that's why I was wondering how it would/could be tested..and also if it could be done via a scan tool? I only wish it was located in the alt or at least externally mounted to the well or something..would save the headache and possible cost of replacing the PCM..still trying to figure out if the new bat/alt could be damaged by a bad EVR? Also the EVR is not a separate component, aka can't be serviced separately..so if it's bad, bye, bye PCM...

According to the parts manual the '98 ram 1500 w 5.9l and the 98 durango w a 5.9l carry the same part number Denso # 2100144 so i would make sure that your VR is indeed in the PCM.. i could be wrong but, one would think that the same part # for both would mean the same parts...

Hydrashocker would be the one to ask as he has/had both..

Old 07-18-2012, 09:30 PM
It's Me Patt
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm going crazy over here! My service manual says it in black-n-white EVR contained within the PCM..but I'm doing what you said, part #/name search and so far I'm getting alternator results...IDK, I'll keep searching..thanks OS! I'll keep you posted..crazy over here...BTW isn't Hydrashocker retired..don't wanna bother him

Old 07-19-2012, 10:04 AM
It's Me Patt
Captain

Originally Posted by Old_School
According to the parts manual the '98 ram 1500 w 5.9l and the 98 durango w a 5.9l carry the same part number Denso # 2100144 so i would make sure that your VR is indeed in the PCM.. i could be wrong but, one would think that the same part # for both would mean the same parts...

Hydrashocker would be the one to ask as he has/had both..
Yeah unfortunately it is

Old 07-19-2012, 10:45 AM
Old_School
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by It's Me Patt
Yeah unfortunately it is

Yeah, i made a phone call to a family member that has been working for Dodge since before i was born

Anyways, he tells that as far as he recalls the rams did not go to the EVR system till the 02 redesign. That makes sense because looking at the parts manual again all the 2nd gen rams (94-01) have the same alt. part #... so replacing the alt. and the battery should fix it.

Old 07-19-2012, 06:46 PM
It's Me Patt
Captain

Originally Posted by Old_School
Yeah, i made a phone call to a family member that has been working for Dodge since before i was born

Anyways, he tells that as far as he recalls the rams did not go to the EVR system till the 02 redesign. That makes sense because looking at the parts manual again all the 2nd gen rams (94-01) have the same alt. part #... so replacing the alt. and the battery should fix it.
The part # in my sm is 52067913 denso of course..I was going crazy there yesterday, because I've found s**t in there before that's incorrect. Good looking out tho..Thanks again OS...

Old 07-25-2012, 10:07 PM
It's Me Patt
Captain

So I ordered a brush assembly & terminal block..they got here today and I installed them, brought the alt to the parts store and had it tested and it came back ok..the next test was once it was back in the truck..Good!!! So happy it wasn't the EVR!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Battery or Alternator Questions?????