Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Unless we keep posting in it.

Old 11-17-2008, 07:50 AM
Duranged408
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mean Green
Unless we keep posting in it.
Now why would we do that? I'd never do something like that. Thats not right..
I'd never, ever, ever, ever, ever post in it.

Old 11-17-2008, 10:40 AM
Mean Green
Champion

Yeah I wouldn't just keep this thread alive for the hell of it either.

Old 11-17-2008, 11:30 AM
Duranged408
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah thats just weird when people keep posting irrelevant posts. I mean, why would someone want to keep it alive? I can tell you im soo not one of those persons, although they are pretty cool guys if ya ask me.

Old 11-17-2008, 11:11 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

So can I become one of the cool guys or am I just stuck in the gutter (which I kinda like)?

Old 11-18-2008, 12:31 PM
Mean Green
Champion

Originally Posted by hydrashocker
So can I become one of the cool guys or am I just stuck in the gutter (which I kinda like)?
Definitely stay in the gutter. You don't want to be here.

Old 11-23-2008, 01:28 PM
dkouangothonh
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Update

I just had my boyfriend look at my Durango this weekend when he came up to visit me and he told me I had absolutely no transmission fluid in the Durango when he checked it. He told me I could fill the Durango up with transmission fluid and then put the Durango in all of its various gears while the Durango was running. This seemed like a good idea to me at the beginning because then we could identify where the leak was coming from, but then my boyfriend told me that there was another problem. When he tried to jump the Durango he noticed that it wouldnt even turn over and he told me that the starter could be going bad or is already bad. He told me that the transmission fluid being gone should not have an impact on whether or not I could or could not turn on the Durango. Lastly, when he tried to turn on the Durango a friend of his described that the belts moved slightly as well as the fan, but then they stopped. At the moment there is no possible way for me to get the Durango to the shop unless I have a tow truck take it to one.

This is my update, I will let you know more when I find out more. I think though at the moment I am at the mercy of waiting to get enough money for someone to look at it considering I do not have the required tools or work space.

Thanks again!

Old 11-23-2008, 02:58 PM
Mean Green
Champion

Take a look at the battery cables before going right to the starter. Also if you or the boyfriend has an inductive ammeter or access to one you can check the current draw from the battery cables to see if it is pulling too many amps and not trying to turn. That would indicate a short in the starter. Other than that if he has a simple voltmeter he can check voltage drops through the circuit to ensure you are getting enough power to it. I would definitely start at the battery though. clean the terminals and posts first and then try to jump it. If it still doesn't work and the battery is old then you are probably just looking at a new battery as yours is most likely sulfated. Try swapping out the battery with your boyfriends to see if that works.

Does the dome light go out when you try to start up the D? Stay on? Dim out?

Keep it simple and don't jump to conclusions or you'll spend more money than you have to.

Old 11-29-2008, 08:17 PM
dkouangothonh
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good News....my Durango is now running, my boyfriend took a look at the battery and he told me that the battery was completely dead after he shined the tips of the battery, he also noted that the lights didnt even turn on when we had the doors open. We found a battery for about $72 dollars, its probably not top of the line, but it will do for now. When he put the battery in the Durango started up without any problems. He told me now that the engine is running properly we can start looking at the transmission.....He told me he was going to buy three bottles of ATF+4 and then wait for leak to start...He is just worried that it will take FOREVER to find the leak.

Any other advice that you can think of? It sits and runs so I am happier then I was about a month ago.

Thanks!

Old 11-29-2008, 08:35 PM
Mean Green
Champion

Powerwash the tranny off and it will be a lot easier to locate the leak if it is a tough one to find.

Quick Reply: Help! (I'd like your input please)