1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Help! (I'd like your input please)

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2008, 03:30 PM
dkouangothonh
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default transmission fluid

we put the transmission fluid in and we still can't get it to reverse? something were doing wrong?

Old 11-30-2008, 05:00 PM
dkouangothonh
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Update: We put 30 quarts of ATF+4 into the transmission....my boyfriend put it into R and then D and then checked the transmission in N. He said the level of the transmission fuild was high enough so we decided to see if it would drive. We put it into R and it started to move in idle, when we push on the accelerator it seemed as if it jumped up and down. My boyfriend told me that I probably need to allow the oil sit before I do anything else and periodically check the oil. When we put it in drive and drove it around the block it did not seem to want to accelerate, I am still worried that it will leak, but I dont know how much Im looking at and its going to be hard to identify where its leaking from since it is wet out on the ground.

Old 11-30-2008, 05:01 PM
Mean Green
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You most likely have toasted the tranny when it ran too low on fluid. Your problem just got a lot more expensive...

Old 11-30-2008, 05:07 PM
Mean Green
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would look at your torque converter with it not wanting to go but it could be slipping clutch packs as well... Did you mean 3 qts?

Quick Reply: Help! (I'd like your input please)