1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

just brought a Dodge Durrango with 160,000 miles

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 09:50 PM
mrwilliwizard
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have black leather.!! its nice. the cloth i think would get dirty and start smelling lol

Old 02-10-2010, 08:55 AM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

i have tan leather in mine, btw i hate leather

Old 02-11-2010, 01:36 PM
shwantz96
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heater Core Flush Question

So Indy, I have a question regarding the flushing of my heater core. But before I get to that, please remember that I have the 2000 D w/ 5.9 2wd. So after we bought the D, my wife texts me to let me know that the heater blows nothing but cold air. So that night I popped the hood only to realize that the heater core hoses going through the fire wall have been cut on the engine side and re-routed back to the pump. What I mean is that the hose coming off the water pump that is supposed to go into the heater core has been cut from the core and rerouted and bypassed back to the hose that would normally be the outbound heater core hose going to the top of the motor so it's in continuous circle. I want to obviously fix this and re-hook up the hoses proper like. So, the question I have here is that I want to flush the heater core first. So is there a given pressure threshold of the water coming in to the heater core inlet hose that I shouldn't go over so as to not flood the cab of the D? I spoke to the original owner regarding why the hoses are running their current configuration and he mentioned something about a leak but not really as to where exactly it could be which worries me that it could be in the cab. Not good if I have to change the core due to financial constrain but if I do, then I'll probably change the blower motor as well as the evap too? Any thoughts of great one of wisdom about D's?

Old 02-11-2010, 02:15 PM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

usually people do bypass the core because it is leaking, but hook it back up and see if it does, flushing it is liable to aggravate the problem if it is already leaking, so be prepared to replace it

Old 02-11-2010, 10:11 PM
IndyDurango
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

+1. My money is on a leaking core too. $1200 to have fixedat a shop, $2000 to do it right at the stealer, $650 plus your own labor and a weekend to do it yourself. If you do so, swap the evap and blower motor at the same time.

It is a hella task to do yourself the first time (some multi-timers here and it does get easier I'm told.)

Here is the thread created when mine was done. Look at how gutted the D is during the process. With the cost and trouble, you can see why they went without heat and rerouted the hoses instead.

IndyDurango

Quick Reply: just brought a Dodge Durrango with 160,000 miles