1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

p0068 on 02 Durango

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2009, 08:07 PM
schusterjo
All Star
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Should we remind them not to brush your teeth with the same toothbrush afterwards?

Old 05-26-2009, 04:26 PM
jimbo74
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

cleaned everything up, pulled the tb and also the tps pff, and the iac.... got it all cleaned as best i could and put it back on.... no codes

didn't reset the pcm yet

we drove it back 70 miles and it didn't die... my wife said it wanted to though several times.... we have problems going up hills, or if she drives it hard.... she said the pressure gauge will get between the last 2 ticks on the gauge, and that is when it shuts off... like possibly hi oil pressure or faulty sender maybe?

watch it be something that simple.....

is there a pinout i can test the oil sender unit or the iac for specification?

i also sprayed carb cleaner into the manifold while it was running through a blocked off vacuum port behind the throttle body.... got white smoke, kinda like a seafoam treatment

Old 05-26-2009, 04:31 PM
jimbo74
Veteran

i know how to clean stuff, and i did do it yesterday.

i am not familiar on how to do it with the dodge trucks... had i been i would not have asked.

i know my fords that i have had and my toyotas

it's cool if you guys want to be cruel to me, i fully understand that. i know in my previous experiences with you ,i came off as a jerk, and i am sorry for that.. that was not my intention...

so far all of our dodges have had problems, i got 2 of them fixed, this is the last one

Old 05-26-2009, 05:19 PM
schusterjo
All Star

Ah not being cruel just having a little fun... should lighten up and loosen the pants a little, life to short to get so uptight over things that are said. Far as dodge having problems, tell me a car that does not? most are due to lack of maintenance in the first place or t a person working on it who has no clue what they are doing and running thing a muck.

Old 05-26-2009, 06:14 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Like I said: " No offence "

Anyway, lets stay off the subject boys.

I'm merging these 2 threads.

Last edited by hydrashocker; 05-26-2009 at 06:20 PM.
Old 05-26-2009, 06:35 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

This is where this thread was left off.

Originally Posted by jimbo74
cleaned everything up, pulled the tb and also the tps pff, and the iac.... got it all cleaned as best i could and put it back on.... no codes

didn't reset the pcm yet

we drove it back 70 miles and it didn't die... my wife said it wanted to though several times.... we have problems going up hills, or if she drives it hard.... she said the pressure gauge will get between the last 2 ticks on the gauge, and that is when it shuts off... like possibly hi oil pressure or faulty sender maybe?

watch it be something that simple.....

is there a pinout i can test the oil sender unit or the iac for specification?

i also sprayed carb cleaner into the manifold while it was running through a blocked off vacuum port behind the throttle body.... got white smoke, kinda like a seafoam treatment

Old 05-27-2009, 03:58 PM
jimbo74
Veteran

it's cool, i am not tripping, if you don't want to help, that's allright... off course, i believe there are some good people still out therre that would help me...

again, i apoligize for being a jerk, and i know, first impressions make a big deal, for that, i show regret, and i am sorry

i am not just some schuck who knows nothing about vehicles, i have a decent background in mechanics, worked as a tech for several years, never did computer stuff though, did repair stuff, tires, brakes, suspensions, alignments, routine maintenance -- currently rebuilding the engine on my 84 toy pickup 4x4, have done several engine swaps, bodylifts, suspension lifts, custom fabrication -- just not familiar with the dodge platforms

overall, my experience with dodges have been the worst, sorry to say... 3 vehicles all with computer issues, cel, wouldn't pass smog... my fords have never had any computer issues, and i am currently @ 160k on my 98 ranger -- that has never needed anything, only time it had a cel was because i tore a plug wire

Last edited by jimbo74; 05-28-2009 at 05:49 PM.
Old 05-27-2009, 06:02 PM
schusterjo
All Star

I will edit what i was going to say in response to that... Please Indy, say whats on my mind... I like to think of myself as a nice guy but!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that there is a bit much

Old 05-27-2009, 09:58 PM
IndyDurango
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Schjo, Don't drag me in this. LOL. Jimbo and I had our piece and our peace. I can be abrasive on my own!

Jimbo, twice you have fallen on your sword. That is two times more than we ever get to see out of most people. Kudos! Best of luck on your repairs. I hope you find a solution.

All I can add is that you see before you online dozens if not thousands of Durango users all without computer problems. Dunno where your specific solution(s) lives but I'm sure you'll find it sooner or later.

IndyD

Old 05-28-2009, 05:58 PM
jimbo74
Veteran

yeah i get that all cars have their problems.. yes there are many members here, and i have searched and read many of those similar threads regards to the p0068, and have tried pretty much everything suggested, and still back to square 1.... i doubt this is a sensor issue anymore, pcm was replaced... looking for possible other issues...

is there a way to ohm out the iac?

is there a way to ohm out the oil pressure sender switch?

if there is, what is the procedure?

so far, have stumped, 2 different dealerships and an independent shop...

am i stumped, yes, am i frustrated, hell yes i am.... does this sour my view of dodge, you bet... is it possible our 96 b van, 00 dak, and 02 durango are bad batches, sure..... that is beside the point, the point is i would like to fix this, and need mroe help on it...

when i checked out the intake, i sprayed around it running with carb cleaner, and did not note any irregular rythms, when i also looked into the manifold, there was a light residue of oil, but not excessive, i wiped away what i could with a towel...

on our return trip, my wife noted also that going uphill made the car hesitate, and she was afraid of it dieing... also if she were to punch the throttle, it felt like dieing also

Quick Reply: p0068 on 02 Durango