1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

2002 durango A/C problems

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2009, 12:35 AM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by IndyDurango
Oh wait, doesn't HS have one of these under his seat?

IndyD
That might help to get the exhaust out without overwhelming pungent smell from the drivers seat, but after install of the O pipe the secretions have dissipated to a undetectable leaves and the performance increase was out of this world!
http://kalecoauto.com/index.php?main...&products_id=3

Last edited by hydrashocker; 07-24-2009 at 12:38 AM.
Old 06-12-2011, 01:35 AM
mustardhs
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Blower relay on my Durango was bad, installed new under glove box and it blows 2x better than before

Old 07-04-2022, 07:28 AM
chiefsmellegar
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AC not getting down to temperature

Hi, I'm a heavy diesel mechanic. My AC experience is with class 8 truck and busses. I have an 02 Durango with front & rear AC. About 6 years ago I replaced the compressor due to a clutch failure. I evacuated the system, weighed in the proper charge and everything was fine until this season. The unit is not getting cold at the front or rear units. My pressures are 45 & 200. 90 degrees ambient temperature. The blower fan works on all speeds, the evaporator fan cycles but the compressor clutch is constantly ON. My high & low side pressures do fluctuate slightly up & down when the condenser fan cycles, but not like they should. Its just not cooling down at all. The low side pipe on the compressor is cool to the touch but nowhere as cold as it should be (not seeing any condensate build up on it). I now these trucks are notorious for crappy AC - especially when not moving at highway speeds but this thing is just flat. Due to my pressure readings I believe I still have a good charge in the system. Why would my pressures act like this? Why is the compressor constantly engaged? Why is the condenser fan cycling?

Quick Reply: 2002 durango A/C problems