hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Limit here is .06

Old 11-17-2009, 03:58 PM
thorze
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Alright everybody, I admit I jumped the gun I apologize Hydra for my over reaction. I am frustrated thats all, nothing personal Hydra. I also was not aware that there is a 3 drink minimum to post here. Shouldn't that be in the forum rules?? LOL!!

Thanks for the advice, I will check those and report back

Old 11-17-2009, 11:57 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame

Theres a 3 drink minimum? Well I guess I'm going to get my big boy pants on as I regularly take out a liter every 2-3 days.......LOL The last 1/2 gal of whiskey was gone in 4 1/2 days respectfully!

It's all good but you will find a lil sarcasm here and there to lighten the mood. One of the biggest problems here is that people get frustrated so i try to keep the peace buy braking the moods. Everyone has bad days and I think we all have been there.

Anyway, we'll get through this but don't go buying more parts as it adds to the equation!

Old 11-18-2009, 05:56 AM
Duranged408
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My consumption, hmmm 0.... Dont really drink/attend bars.. Major influence is $$ saved and the most important, Class A CDL.

Old 11-18-2009, 11:23 AM
Kensai
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thorze,

Have you check the fusebox under the hood? There is a big fuse that may be blown. I think it is like 100 amp or 140 amp fuse.

Old 11-18-2009, 01:28 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame

^ +1 ^

Old 01-23-2010, 02:17 PM
dcr

Okay so a little update... Well kinda...

When this problem first started the first thing I did was check every electrical connection that I could find and easily access. To include the battery cables. The looked absolutley fine but I pulled them cleaned them up and re- installed them anyway. Then, I went in to the more difficult to access. Pulled the tank, gauge cluster, and just about everything else I could find with a plug. Everything I checked looked perfect. Reading back on these posts, I noticed a lot of people talking about battery cables. So, I pulled them again. I also took the battery and had it tested. Tested fine. I then just plain parked it. A few weeks later I went to move it and the battery was dead. I charged the battery over night... Still dead. So, I put a red top out of another vehicle in it to move it around. Since then, it has ran fine. I have been driving it every single day with no issues. I've put close to a 1000 miles on it with nothing to report.

So now my problem is, I dont know when or if I fixed it. I think it is one of two things... Either there was a bad connection at the tank and it just didnt look bad, and was fixed by me unplugging cleaning and replugging, or the battery really did have an issue that wasn't showing up on the tester and it got worse. Then the problem went away with a new battery.

So, is it possible that a bad battery would cause this thing to die and or not start occasionally but run fine occasionally? Guess I may never know at this point..

Old 01-23-2010, 04:42 PM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

a bad battery will cause an odd/erratic running conditions on these trucks, and is very difficult to pinpoint without replacing the battery, it IS possible that that was the root of all your problems as these trucks are VERY picky about having a good battery, can we prove it? no unfortunately we cannot rule with 100% certainty that it was your problem, but if all is well not that is the most likely culprit.

Old 01-23-2010, 11:18 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame

I think you had a bad battery even though it passed a load test (if that's what they used).

Old 01-25-2010, 02:47 PM
dcr

Guess I spoke too soon. Even though I have now ran about 4 tanks of fuel through it with zero issues. It has died two more times in the last two days... I guess my next option is to throw that 300 dollar fuel pump at it and see if that fixes the issue.

Quick Reply: 99 durango cranks but doesnt start.