1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

CV Shaft

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2011, 12:37 PM
Mike McKim
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For the 2 joint shaft - maybe. Sounds like the only option i have is to repair or replace the the Driveshaft/Prop Shaft Assembly.

Old 02-08-2011, 09:36 AM
swiss
Amateur

Saw these on ebay: reman CV axles for under $140!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Front...Q5fAccessories

Old 02-08-2011, 09:37 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by swiss
Saw these on ebay: reman CV axles for under $140!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Front...Q5fAccessories
Garbage! And with that link you have to pay a $40 core......LOL

You can get new CV's over at www.rockauto.com for $44.79 with no core, of course you need to pay a little shipping. Hell, new Duralast's from Auto Zone are $76.99 flat and no core, or you can do the Remanufactured ones for $59.99 after core.

Anyway, I believe the OP (Mike) is referring to a main drive shaft, not a CV.

Old 02-08-2011, 09:58 PM
samnbensdad
Captain

Originally Posted by Mike McKim
Quick update on my last post.

Just called a local driveline repair center about driveshaft replacement. I was told the double u joint shaft doesn't agree with AWD on my r/t. They'll rebuild and balance the shaft for $215 and have it back in one day - good as new.

Good news since replacement re-manufactured shafts are at the very least 250.

Hopefully my woes will be over.
$215 sounds like a good price if they do a good job. I paid a little over $200 for mine, which was remanufactured by Cardone... and that was employee pricing. (MSRP was about $400)

Old 02-09-2011, 08:50 AM
swiss
Amateur

Originally Posted by hydrashocker
Garbage! And with that link you have to pay a $40 core......LOL

You can get new CV's over at www.rockauto.com for $44.79 with no core, of course you need to pay a little shipping. Hell, new Duralast's from Auto Zone are $76.99 flat and no core, or you can do the Remanufactured ones for $59.99 after core.

Anyway, I believe the OP (Mike) is referring to a main drive shaft, not a CV.
Core is included in auction price. I had no idea they where that cheap at Vatozone. Both my boots are cracked and the drivers side is leaking grease pretty bad. I think my tie rods are shot too. I planned on doing this when the snow gives and the temps raise a hair.

So do you think the $44.79 axles from RA are near the quality of OE Mopar? If so I woud be willing to give them a shot, I was leaning towards these since they are rebuilt OE shafts (basically new boots) free shipping and a $40 core refund makes them about $90. Both of your suggestion will end up costing more after shipping is factored.

But thanks for trying to help. I saw the last post was about the prop shaft, but the thread title says CV Axles.

Old 02-10-2011, 11:54 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

You can get BRAND NEW ones for $76.99 which will have no core because you are buying it new, not rebuilt.

Call Auto Zone what ya wan't, they have your parts and BOTH have Lifetime Warranties so if it goes out you get a free one in replacements. But then again do what ever you want.

If you take the time to look around you usually come up with a better product and a better deal. (again doing basic home work in which you lack).

Are they the same quality? I'm sure they are because they are backing up their product, but who cares, you only pay for it once! If it goes out you get a new one!

But thanks for trying to help. I saw the last post was about the prop shaft, but the thread title says CV Axles.
But thanks for tryin to help. The OP (Mike) stated this:
Just called a local driveline repair center about driveshaft replacement.
I guess you missed something AGAIN. It's ok, were gettin used to it!!!! Just because a thread is named something doesn't mean the entire thread stays on that very subject. Often the thread slightly verys due to input of users.

Quick Reply: CV Shaft