1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

HID Headlights

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2010, 12:14 PM
Runrampant
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HID Headlights

Has anyone here had experience with "Edixworks" (website is www.racer-union.com) Or Ilovebodykits.com? Im looking into getting a HID kit with the Angel/Halo eyes. Its very inexpensive at Edix and apparantly ebay gives them alot of props. Just looking for dodge insight.

Old 01-05-2010, 12:49 PM
Dans01Durango
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The HID kits are basically made by one huge manufacturer in China. They just slap their own stickers on them. I did mine a few months ago and have had no problems. I went the ebay way and got a no name brand. But it did come with a kick *** customer support staff. Anyway, the hardest part, for me. was to locate the ballast where it didn't get wet, dirty or tossed around during rough roads. HTH.

Old 01-05-2010, 12:54 PM
Runrampant

Ok. Well I just bought this.

http://store.racer-union.com/Project...90917-1-3.html

The fella said basically the only thing that I may expect as a problem is the truck will show that the Highbeams are allways on. And this is due to the way that the ballast intereacts with the harness. But that doesn't bother me. Worst case Ill take the bulb out that illuminates the dash light. What was involved in wiring in the Halo aspect of the lights with yours?

Old 01-05-2010, 01:00 PM
Dans01Durango
Record Breaker

That's funny, the kit I bought came with high beams included with the HID. It's a seperate hookup and it was halogen instead of HID, the highs, I mean. Funny thing, the HId are WAY brighter than the highs!LOL!
Use the side marker lights wires to hook up the halos, not the blinkers, if you do that, you'll be winking at whoever is in front of you when you make a turn. Just find the pos and neg and splice accordingly. HTH.

Old 01-05-2010, 01:26 PM
Runrampant

Yup I'm looking forward to being that ******* in a truck right behind the ricer with limo tint with hid lights blinding the guy through his sideview mirrors so he keeps going from one side of the road to the other. trying to block it.

Also it does come with the high beams and what not but kinda seems pointless since it would be a downgrade to go from low to high. Also what side marker lights are you referring to?

Last edited by Runrampant; 01-05-2010 at 01:59 PM.
Old 01-05-2010, 03:40 PM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

the yellow/amber ones under the headlights themselves, called side markers, and directionals/turn signals in that housing too

Old 01-05-2010, 10:52 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Runrampant
Yup I'm looking forward to being that ******* in a truck right behind the ricer with limo tint with hid lights blinding the guy through his sideview mirrors so he keeps going from one side of the road to the other. trying to block it.
^ Now that's funny! ^.......

Old 01-06-2010, 09:11 AM
Dans01Durango
Record Breaker

AHAHAHAAHA!!! And our Ds are the PERFECT height! But officer, my lights ARE calibrated correctly, his ricer is just too low! AHAHAHAHAHAA! *Sidenote* That scenario HAS happened to me!*

Old 01-06-2010, 05:33 PM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Dans01Durango
AHAHAHAAHA!!! And our Ds are the PERFECT height! But officer, my lights ARE calibrated correctly, his ricer is just too low! AHAHAHAHAHAA! *Sidenote* That scenario HAS happened to me!*
story! STORY!! STORY!!!STORY!!!STORY!!!STORY!!!STORY!!!STORY!!!ST ORY!!!STORY!!!STORY!!!STORY!!!STORY!!!STORY!!!STOR Y!!!STORY!!!STORY!!!STORY!!!STORY!!!STORY!!!STORY! !!STORY!!!STORY!!!STORY!!!STORY!!!STORY!!!STORY!!! STORY!!!STORY!!!STORY!!!STORY!!!STORY!!!STORY!!!ST ORY!!!STORY!!!STORY!!!STORY!!!STORY!!!STORY!!!STOR Y!!!STORY!!!STORY!!!STORY!!!STORY!!!STORY!!!STORY! !!STORY!!!STORY!!!STORY!!!STORY!!!STORY!!!STORY!!! STORY!!!

did i make my point??

Old 01-06-2010, 05:51 PM
Sunwest

How happy are you with the HID conversion, I have been contemplating this for some time. How is the light output Vs. stock?

Originally Posted by Dans01Durango
That's funny, the kit I bought came with high beams included with the HID. It's a seperate hookup and it was halogen instead of HID, the highs, I mean. Funny thing, the HId are WAY brighter than the highs!LOL!
Use the side marker lights wires to hook up the halos, not the blinkers, if you do that, you'll be winking at whoever is in front of you when you make a turn. Just find the pos and neg and splice accordingly. HTH.

Quick Reply: HID Headlights