1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Show us your 1st Gen. Durango!

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2012, 06:05 PM
HeresJonny
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm brand new here. Just picked up a 2003 Rango last week. 1 owner 106k miles. Pretty much stock (for now).

Last edited by HeresJonny; 01-08-2012 at 06:08 PM.
Old 01-10-2012, 06:36 PM
lvphotos
Veteran

Last edited by lvphotos; 01-10-2012 at 06:41 PM.
Old 01-10-2012, 10:08 PM
that_guy
Champion
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

nice!

Old 01-11-2012, 08:47 PM
mikeismadness
Veteran

My 2000 R/T

Old 01-14-2012, 08:56 PM
AndyGoin

New to the site, looking forward to learning more about the Durango's from other members.

Just got our 2003 Durango 4.7 after totaling our minivan (blessing in disguise I tell ya). Full stock for now, here's some pics.

It's got around 160k miles on it, one owner before us, never wrecked, only issue is a P0440 code (2 of them actually showing) so the CEL is on. I hear that is a common issue and an easy fix so no worries about that. Vehicle still runs very strong and smooth. Best purchase so far in a long time.

Old 01-15-2012, 09:34 AM
kingoftow
Rookie
Default andygoin's Durango...

Nice white Durango andy; you'll find that D's make good and safe family vehicles (and they do it with style!!) They are also very reliable and with proper maintenance will go well over 225,000 miles without any major problems. The body and interior on yours appears to have been well mantained... welcome to our forum!...kingoftow...(by the way, i;d like to post some pics of my 2001 Durango Sport (white like yours) what;s the procedure that you used? )

Old 01-15-2012, 09:49 AM
kingoftow
Rookie
Default lvphoto;s beefy Durango...

Hey lv, great looking offroad conquering Durango you have... I'm interested in modifying my 2001 D-Sport in a similiar fashion...it would appear that you don't have to go to a solid axle in the front to make a monster out of our first gen Durango's...what's your take on this?--kingoftow

Old 01-15-2012, 11:19 AM
AndyGoin

kingoftow, I happen to own a few hosting accounts as I build websites for small business owners and what I do is I upload them to my primary domain in a subfolder ( http://www.GoinWebDesign.com/DurangoShots/ ) and then you use the image tool here to insert them into the posts. It's quite easy and is nothing for me to do, if you want, I can create a folder for you, you can email me your shots and I will host them also.

I plan on doing alot of work on this Durango and I like to do basic "how-to's" including pictures when I work on projects so perhaps some others can learn also that may be new like myself. I used to be a member of a Lexus forums and did this quite a bit including radiator changes, basic light swaps to LED's, back seat swaps, all kinds of stuff. It was fun.

So yessir, if you want, you can email me whatever pics you want at andygoin@gmail.com and I will host them and then reply with the URL's to the pics and you can then easily post them here. I can help in any way you need. Or anyone else that is cool here for that matter. Just hit me up, I plan on being around a while.

Old 01-15-2012, 04:07 PM
lvphotos
Veteran

I have had issues from day one with tuff country. The shop was on test drive after the lift and broke a tie rod, more ripped out of tuff country bracket. Few weeks went by and it happened again. Fix was to weld, an adjustable part, in. The alignment was never right, took out tc lift block and cut and welded another adjuster plate to the bottom. They only allow an inch the plate now has three inches. Tires are now straight. New bushings since lift a two to three year deal happens to stock Ds as well. This is 3rd set at 130k. They are heavy and I tend to prerun more than most. For investment wish I did the solid axle, but ok with ifs. I do off-road photos so high speed desert running is what I do most. Table topping rocks is possible with lsd but have pinion bearing going so a new set of 4.56s and locker option in a few months. I run 35x 12.50x15 BFGs ATs with no probs. The mud I was stuck in would have stopped muds anything short of TSLs. Rubbing
still with add a leaf I made from old set of springs. Torsions stock adj, fenders give plenty room for 35s with some rubbage. No body lift, I hate 'em. Rockers are at 2feet and still clears garage door. See more at http://www.cardomain.com/ride/331247...-dodge-durango

Old 01-15-2012, 07:59 PM
kingoftow
Rookie
Talking ivphoto's tech info...

Thanks Iv, I guess my best course of action will be to go no bigger than 33's and get the heaviest duty IFS parts I can find. I'll probably not get too radical offroad in the snow and mud as I'm more apt to do mostly some expeditionary trail riding...kingoftow

Quick Reply: Show us your 1st Gen. Durango!