1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Infinity Stereo

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2010, 12:52 PM
jaz27
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys sorry to have to post on an old thread.
My question is if you don’t have the infinity package, then you can get any type speaker right. Like 4ohms instead of 2ohms... I see that if you have the infinity package then your speakers would have to be 2ohms.
I have been reading thru all these threads and I can't really find something in regards to a stock system. I guess the ref speakers by infinity are the best fit right.
Again sorry to reopen this, but I cant find the answer searching.

Old 09-29-2010, 07:31 PM
Kensai
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jaz27
Hey guys sorry to have to post on an old thread.
My question is if you don’t have the infinity package, then you can get any type speaker right. Like 4ohms instead of 2ohms... I see that if you have the infinity package then your speakers would have to be 2ohms.
I have been reading thru all these threads and I can't really find something in regards to a stock system. I guess the ref speakers by infinity are the best fit right.
Again sorry to reopen this, but I cant find the answer searching.
Jaz,

You can still use 4 ohm speakers on a system designed for a 2 ohm load. I had all my OEM infinity speakers replaced with after market infinitys rated at 4 ohms.

Old 10-09-2010, 03:53 PM
jaz27
Rookie

ok cool, i just wanted to be sure if it was ok.
thanks for the info.

Old 10-10-2010, 11:00 AM
samnbensdad
Captain

Why did you replace them? 4 ohm doesn't sound as good with this setup.

Old 10-11-2010, 12:49 AM
jaz27
Rookie

Well i haven't replace them yet, that's why i wanted to know if either speaker type would be ok.

Old 04-02-2011, 10:33 PM
jaz27
Rookie

ok so again I am sorry to re-open an old thread.
But I just got some Infinity speakers 6032cf and well to be honest not as impressed. I was hoping to be able to get a bit more bass out of them. Anyway i do love how they fit right in.
I do not have the Infinity package in mine.
Question: Would the type of speaker wire connection affect the quality of the sound? Like if someone just didnt connected right...
and another thing I had read on here that they were suppose to be a plug n play sort of set up. I do love the speaker though, look nice, they have always been a good brand.
Any input would be helpful..

Old 04-02-2011, 11:03 PM
MAGIC84
All Star

The Infinity 6032CF are not totally plug and play. There is a adapter cable available from Best Buy that connects the 6032 speakers into the factory wiring harness. I believe the Harness is approx $14.00 each and comes with two harness adapters. So for $28 that should give you total plug and play. I installed mine last spring and took me less than an hour for all four. Only reason it took me so long was taking photos for the forum.

As for the sound I am not sure I have good clear sound on mine. There is a switch on the speakers that is -2 0 and +2 I am not totally sure what that is but when installing take one speaker and try it in the -2 turn on stereo check sound. then try the other two settings and find the best sound for you. Once you ge that one, presumably the other three would be the same. If your in the drivers seat I would test on the front passengers seat, since that is the speaker that is likely to have the least interference in sound travel across the vehicle to the drivers side.

Also check your settings on the stereo maybe you need to increase the bass from there.

Old 04-02-2011, 11:45 PM
jaz27
Rookie

Thanks for the reply Magic
I suppose your right, i need to find the best sound for me adjusting the settings.. it was just weird beacause of the different sounds coming from the one side that still had the OEM and the new speaker side. Maybe I just need an amp.
Thanks for the adapter tip i didnt even know about this. a friend hook it up wit them, so i wasnt there myself. I'll got check it out.
I'm just starting to mod my D so i wanted to get some decent sound it.
thanks again.. if any other advise.. i would be greatful.
So did the sound, sound good from you set up?

Old 04-03-2011, 12:14 AM
MAGIC84
All Star

It should be something fairly simple, as in probably a setting. I would check all those basic items first and go from there. Honestly when I was looking for replacement speakers it was none other than our own IndyD who sent me the idea and at that time there was a pretty good deal on Infinity 6032 CF about $50 a set. Best buy wanted $99 a set so even with shipping/handling from CA it was still cheaper than B/B. I saved about $30 a set and with the wiring adapter from B/B I turned it into a simple replacement. I also did mine around April and May before it started getting crazy summer hot. After I did the speaker install I tested each speaker as one you know moving the balance/fade from corner to corner to verify each speaker individually then back to center. The only thing I have to work now is just up and down on volume.

Note: I am vanilla white on music, I have some Queen/Poison/Twisted Sister and yes even a song from the Coolio collection but I for the most part don't listen to it very loud, and have the speakers and stereo to about mid level on Bass/Treble/etc...

Old 04-03-2011, 11:32 PM
jaz27
Rookie

So I keep playing with the sound, I notice the difference, its alot more clearly, and crisp although the bass is not as loud I suppose that’s how it supposes to sound, subtle and head banging loud right?
Yes, I would have to say everyone who commented on the infinity speakers turned me to them.
That was a good price Magic. Even with my "hook-up”, your price was still cheaper.
I also went to B/B today and could not find that adapter, I guess they might not carry it any longer.
Would you happen to have a pic of the adapter?

Quick Reply: Infinity Stereo