1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Everything electrical is going out at once (blower motor, window) Ugh!

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2010, 09:35 PM
mickinirvine
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Everything electrical is going out at once (blower motor, window) Ugh!

Okay, I have a 99 Durango that has been fairly good to me. The Blower motor resistor seemed to have gone out. I changed it, but my front blower doesn't seem to work. I can hear the AC engage but almost nothing happens. I can feel a very faint something, but for the most part its out. Should I now assume that the motor itself is bad?

2) My driver side window has stopped working. absolutely nothing seems to be happening with it. Is this an easy fix?

Thanks!

Old 04-26-2010, 10:04 PM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

if you replaced the resistor and the motor still does not work then check the plug, if it is melted (sometimes happens) it will need replaced so that it doesnt fry the new resistor, if the plug is fine check the grounds on the wire harness, if those are fine then replace the blower fan (seems to me like the culprit, but have to rule out everything else first)

on the driver side window doe the motor try and come on when you push the switch or do you not hear anything??? there is a chance that the switch is bad, but if the switch was bad most often all the windows would stop working, so you will probably have to either replace them, or you could try rebuilding the motor (brush replacement really) pictures here https://dodgeforum.com/forum/1st-gen...ean-green.html

directions here https://dodgeforum.com/forum/diy-do-...ean-green.html

Old 04-26-2010, 11:33 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 93 Likes on 79 Posts

Also ck under the dash for burnt or shorted wires.

Old 04-27-2010, 12:37 AM
IndyDurango
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

window motors on the D are weak. Has it been slow? Also known to have a cable snap.

Can be R&Rd, also can be replaced. Not so bad. I would recommend www.windowmotor.com/ if failed or broken.

IndyDurango

Quick Reply: Everything electrical is going out at once (blower motor, window) Ugh!