1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Grinding sound

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2010, 06:41 PM
DurangoGirl72
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hydrashocker
Personally, I think DurangoGirl72 should take yours to a shop so you don't go replacing parts you don't need. In fact they could narrow your problem down real quick saving you time and money for a small fee if you tell them that up front. However it could be something very small and they could fix it for you.

Find a shop that has a little wait for those are usually a better shop.

This is probably what I should do then I know we will get the right things taken care of. But I am really enjoying learning about working on it myself and if I just take it to the shop I wont get to be in on the fun part.

Old 05-31-2010, 10:59 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by DurangoGirl72
This is probably what I should do then I know we will get the right things taken care of. But I am really enjoying learning about working on it myself and if I just take it to the shop I wont get to be in on the fun part.
And that is the reason we all come here!

We are here because we love our trucks and we love to mess around with them and learn. Everyone has their own opinions and we enjoy sitting down with our thinking caps on and helping people NOT get ripped off by a company and taken advantage of by them. Most of our members will take their expertize outside of the DF and help members in their back yards. Hope to see you around.

Old 07-08-2010, 06:40 PM
thorze
Rookie

Hey Hey DGirl!
So how did it turn out?? Did ya get your 'rango fixed or is it still making noise??

Thanks for the update!!

Old 07-13-2010, 12:15 AM
hakrjak
Default Similar issue here!

I'd like an update also, as I seem to have the same problem....

In my case, I've noticed that the sound is present even sitting idle with the engine running. It sounds like it's maybe coming from the alternator or the water pump, but I can't be certain. Sounds like metal-on-metal like a stuck brake sounds, except it's not coming from the brakes. Gets louder sometimes, and softer other times -- but seems always present.

2000 Durango R/T 4x4 here with 130,000 miles.

- Hakrjak

Quick Reply: Grinding sound