1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

some questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2010, 10:03 AM
tomringler
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default some questions

I have a 99 Durango that has some issues

1. the drivers door will not lock auto but if you push down on the lock itself then it will lock. I can hear the actuator working but it is just not working?

2. my rear wiper is not working the pumpworks from the switch but not the wiper and i need to know where i need to look at first?

3. I need to know where to find a 1999 owners manual download since it did not come with one

Old 01-22-2010, 12:04 PM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

ok lets break this down for ya

Originally Posted by tomringler
I have a 99 Durango that has some issues

1. the drivers door will not lock auto but if you push down on the lock itself then it will lock. I can hear the actuator working but it is just not working?
take the door panel off and make sure the actuator is not loose and the connecting rod is hooked up the lock mechanism, sounds to me like it somehow came loose

2. my rear wiper is not working the pumpworks from the switch but not the wiper and i need to know where i need to look at first?
check your fuses first, get back to us and we will go from there,

3. I need to know where to find a 1999 owners manual download since it did not come with one
ebay???? idk of anyplace that has owners manuals available for dl, we have an 02 SHOP manual floating around on here, but thats it

Old 01-22-2010, 01:16 PM
Dans01Durango
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What he^ said.

Old 07-14-2010, 01:15 PM
tomringler

well the rear wiper motor is not hooked up but when i do hook it up it sounds like the relay is trying to keep running but the motor still will not turn
i am going to check out the door again this weekend when i don't work but if i remember right everything looked good so could it be an acturater it self that has went bad. because i can hit the lock button and all the doors will lock except the drivers but if i hit the lock switch and the doors lock i can push down on the lock and lock it and it will unlock just fine with the switch. any help will be greatful

Old 07-14-2010, 01:21 PM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD

id take a guess that the actuator is bad, not sure how much that is, but it cant be too expensive (watch you come back and prove me wrong. . .)

Old 08-10-2010, 12:47 AM
tomringler

well the problem is still there with the door lock but it is only the drivers door. i can hit the lock button on the door and all doors but the drivers door locks but after hitting the switch i can manually lock the door from the inside. the unlock feature works fine. is it my switch or the lock itself any suggestions would be nice. i need to get this fixed so i can put my alarm/remote start on it.

Old 08-18-2010, 02:16 PM
tomringler

will any one help me on this cause i need to know what to do

Old 08-18-2010, 05:07 PM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD

replace the power lock actuator in the drivers door!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-18-2010, 05:16 PM
SumAmerican
Professional

The actuators in the doors will go bad after like 10-15 years.. In my neon only one works.. just gotta replace the actuator.

The rear wiper problem is a common problem for first gen durangos.. you may just have to pop the cap off and tighten the retaining nut but most likely the motors gone bad from time.. if you really wanna test it before you replace the motor i suppose you could pull the plug and put a voltmeter in there and make sure the motor is still getting juice but most likely its gonna be your motor..

as for the owners manual.. you've got a few options.. you could check ebay or a junk yard to get one (cheapest) or you could call the dealership.. i think the owners manual has a part number just like everything else.. don't hold me too that tho..

Old 08-18-2010, 06:58 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

+1 Sum

Quick Reply: some questions