1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

1st generation offtopic thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2011, 09:45 AM
Dans01Durango
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hydra's more like that drill sergeant as a therapist commercial. He'll help you but call you a jackwagon!

Old 01-07-2011, 10:32 AM
ajoshi91
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

+1 Dans01

Old 01-07-2011, 11:14 AM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by hydrashocker
Well,

I am a Ram owner now, but I still love the Durango. Ya, I've gone through a lot of BS in building trucks the old school way. I was taught by an old GREAT mechanic in his 60's when I was a kid and worked with him for a few years. He was the type of guy your truck could be running like crap, pull it up to the garage door and open the hood. He would literally reach in with one hand and have it purring like a freakin kitten in less time then you could get out of the truck and see what he did. The man was a flat out genius! Now I'm not saying I'm good or anything because I try to learn something new everyday as a goal, but I get by.

Back when I (and Kensai) got this section going this section was a waste land! Sense then we have built this section with the help of members world wide and I appreciate all their hard work and ideas into a section that blings with life on a Google search. We have saved thousands of members thousands of dollars and we enjoy it (accept a few people that think they are hot **** lately).

So yes, I am one of the DRUNK old men around these parts, but I can still kick a little *** if needed......LOL!
ok, i fixed it for ya

iv been around for a while too(4 years here this month, of course not as long as hydra, hes older than dirt)

Old 01-08-2011, 12:15 AM
swiss
Amateur

Originally Posted by MAGIC84

Swiss: Indy does know his stuff..... He does have flip out and for that matter so so I. For GEN 1 Durango's that is about the only option. They did not have "DOUBLE DIN" so if you want any sort of decent quality aftermarket stereo that is the only way to go. I have a Kenwood with XM radio, GPS, B/U camera, DVD and IPOD/USB attachment.

I do believe in the "to each their own" but to a certain point. If a modification involves safety or potential impact with other vehicles than I willl say something. I have gone on record in this forum and the D.O.C. forum speaking out against safety related modifications and probably ruffled more than a few feathers but thats what we are about and freedom of speech.

You have a good D, take care of it and it should take care of you. That concept goes with just about any vehicle.....YUGO maybe the exception.

For the record I agree with you on the 4.7 I would prefer the 5.2 but I wasn't at the engine development team meeting.

Looking at your photos of all the BMW's you should take the best body of them all and franken-BMW the engine and drivetrain into that. I personally like the dark blue one.
Thanks for the kind words and taking the high road of integrity. The blue car is what I bought the wife when she went overboard on the 4 dr M3 project. She HATES red, and refused to drive it if it stayed red. Women.......

I'm a tad less sore on the 4.7 after getting it timed properly and having put my personal touch on it. I still think it is weak compared to the 5.2 though. Wife ran it into the red last month, didn;t know till the it said check gauges and started dinging the alert sound. Put a new thermostat and topped the coolant off and it was like it never happened. Promise had it been the 4.7, warped head or dropped valve seat would have been the case most likely.

Old 01-08-2011, 12:26 PM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by swiss
Promise had it been the 4.7, warped head or dropped valve seat would have been the case most likely.
warped head possibly, but i have NEVER heard of a dropped valve seat on the 4.7, i dont know what your problem with the engine is, but its NOT a bad engine, just hasnt been around long enough to prove itself as the 5.2 and 5.9 has

Old 01-08-2011, 05:39 PM
JSavinoJr
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SadikOne1
this may just have to be the sexiest durango I've even seen in my life!
What was the cost on those bumpers? Love the look of your Dodge.

Old 01-09-2011, 02:51 AM
jaz27
Rookie

hey 01 6.3l RT tell me about those wheels... is that just the look on the RT's or did you use spacers? I love your D!!

Old 01-09-2011, 10:32 AM
Old_School
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by stephm
Salut a tous ,super forum je me presente je suis un petit français qui presente son dodge .

donc c est un dodge durango 5.9 slt.
jantes american racing en 15x8
pneu mickey thomson atz en 33x12.5x15
ligne d echappement sur mesure
module jet performence stage 2
bougie 4 electrodes
tableu de bord neuf ainssi que tous les plastiques interieur
feux avant a led
feux arriere a led

a venir
kit 3" avec amortisseur rancho rs900
ram air

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I'd like to know what this member is saying.... could someone please translate this in english?

Old 01-09-2011, 10:48 AM
bowhuntmaine
Professional

Not the whole thing, but u can guess what some of it is by some of the words, nice looking rig though.

Old 01-09-2011, 12:34 PM
logikfive
Professional

Quick translation (free translator, what can you expect..)

"Hello guys, great forum I present myself I am a little French, which presented their dodge.

It is a Dodge Durango 5.9L
American Racing wheels in 15x8
ATZ Mickey Thompson tires in 33x12.5x15
Custom exhaust
JET Performance stage 2 module
4-electrode spark plugs
something about the dash and interior plastics ??
LED headlights
LED taillights

forthcoming [mods I assume]
3" lift and Rancho RS9000 shocks
Ram air"

Yay for translators lol

Quick Reply: 1st generation offtopic thread