1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

1st generation offtopic thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2011, 12:34 AM
LuxuryDodge
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bowhuntmaine
The 4.7 can be as loud, but it's the rumble that counts. I can still have a conversation standing next to mine, but feel it shake your insides.

The real fun is having a sleeper under the hood. You know, that rust bucket that is quiet but just tore a Camaro a new a**. Thats fun. The facial expression's are priceless.
Nahhhhhh vettes n rice burners are funner haha

Old 02-10-2011, 03:36 PM
ajoshi91
Captain

yeah i know what your saying luxury. but my 4.7l sounds pretty good. it had a mean idle to it when i had a high flow cat. but it crackled and popped way to much.

for those who are interested hear are some vids of my exhaust.

with the high flow cat, single exhaust
start this video at about 1 min

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eup4lFDPDsc

stock cat, same super 10 flowmaster muffler and duals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUttba3kcIM

Old 02-11-2011, 12:34 AM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Well completely off topic in the off topic thread, I just wanted everyone to know the new 4.10 gears are in........

Old 02-11-2011, 09:13 AM
Dans01Durango
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by hydrashocker
Well completely off topic in the off topic thread, I just wanted everyone to know the new 4.10 gears are in........
Please start a new thread...

Old 02-11-2011, 09:30 AM
ajoshi91
Captain

So my durango is nearing 80,000 miles now, and her shocks are still the same old stock shocks.

what are you guys using for shocks on your durangos? I need some new ones. i can feel every bump on the road i swear.

I've seen some one use some rancho shocks and i think williwizard is using bilstien hd shocks?

Any good recomendations for good shocks at a good price? i'm lookin to replace all four of them

Old 02-11-2011, 09:30 AM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

lmfao

Old 02-11-2011, 09:34 AM
Dans01Durango
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ajoshi91
So my durango is nearing 80,000 miles now, and her shocks are still the same old stock shocks.

what are you guys using for shocks on your durangos? I need some new ones. i can feel every bump on the road i swear.

I've seen some one use some rancho shocks and i think williwizard is using bilstien hd shocks?

Any good recomendations for good shocks at a good price? i'm lookin to replace all four of them
I replaced mine with AZ Gabriel Ultras. No problems with bumps anymore. I don't do any off-roading and maybe some slush/snow/ice driving. They've served me well.

Old 02-11-2011, 09:34 AM
WhiteWidow00
Record Breaker

For shocks on the front I have Monroe Reflex, and in the back I have Monroe Sensa-Trac load adjusting (with the coilover). On the front it rides perfect like I want it to, and in the back when I'm towing it's perfect, however a bit rough when not towing. What I like about the coilover is I can tow an extra 2,000# before the suspension in the back realizes I have weight on it.

They weren't too terribly expensive either, but I previously had Bilstein HD and it was a bit too rough riding and it felt weird when towing a trailer.

If you tow often I recommend what I have all day long.

Old 02-11-2011, 05:20 PM
samnbensdad
Captain

Originally Posted by ajoshi91

If you decide on Rancho shocks, I can make you deal on the rear set. A few months back I accidentally ordered 4 identical shocks, thinking I was ordering a set( the front are not the same as the rear obviously). Anyhow, I wasn't able to return them since I bought them online(exchange only and I missed the timeframe). They are still in the box but one box was opened, that's when I realized I screwed up. They're just sitting in my garage taking up space.
Send me a PM if your interested.

Old 02-11-2011, 05:58 PM
ajoshi91
Captain

Yeah, i do no towing. I'm looking for something with a nice smooth ride on the road and that somewhat decent when you do get off the road.

So far i'm hearing good things about the monroe shocks widow is talking about. and an offer on some rancho shocks for the rear?

samnbensdad how much would you want for the two of them?

Quick Reply: 1st generation offtopic thread