1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

1st generation offtopic thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2011, 06:05 PM
WhiteWidow00
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ajoshi91
Yeah, i do no towing. I'm looking for something with a nice smooth ride on the road and that somewhat decent when you do get off the road.

So far i'm hearing good things about the monroe shocks widow is talking about.
Like I said, I have had great success with my Monroe, but Bilstein HD is also a great shock for our rigs. As far as Monroe goes there's two lines, the Reflex and Sensa-Trac. THe Sensa-Trac is basically like a "cadillac" suspension. It rides much better and takes bumps a lot better, but doesn't ride at all like we refer to as "riding like a truck".
This is sometimes better, but for off-roading, it may be too much as far as absorbing the shock.

As far as the Reflex goes, it's very nice at absorbing shock without losing the feel of driving a truck. It's a bit bumpy at times, but has a nice overall feel. If you do no towing, I would stay far away from the Sensa-Trac loading adjusting.

There is two different worlds between the regular Sensa-Trac and the Sensa-Trac load adjusting.

I can also agree with going on the deal with the Rancho, because if you get a decent enough deal, they ride about if not better off road than the Reflex without losing the nice on road feel when driving highway.

Old 02-11-2011, 07:26 PM
ajoshi91
Captain

well widow looks like you've answered all my questions than. i'm gonna look into those three. the reflex the bilstien and the sensa tracs.

as far as the sensa tracs go, what do you mean when you say not the best for off road? if they absorb the shock well isnt that a good? thing. and i hear ya when you say RIDING LIKE A TRUCK! lol

Old 02-11-2011, 07:42 PM
WhiteWidow00
Record Breaker

Well it absorbs the shock but takes longer to extend itself back out and will not last as long as others that are meant to be put under heavy compression and decompression. It is intended for strictly road use typically and would most likely not perform like you would want off road.

Old 02-11-2011, 09:25 PM
ajoshi91
Captain

I see, well in that case i'm most likely gonna go with the Monroe reflex's than. you say you have them in the front, right? what about the rear?

do you have part numbers i can look up for the front and rear?

now here's the real important question.....who can explain installation to me? i don't wanna keep giving my money to shops. if its something i can do at home with basic tools I'll do that.

Old 02-11-2011, 09:47 PM
IndyDurango
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

This thread is useless for continuity on issues going forward. It's like 52 card pickup.

/unsub

IndyD

Old 02-11-2011, 10:12 PM
ajoshi91
Captain

its an off topic thread Indy. just trying to keep it off topic. lol

Old 02-11-2011, 10:18 PM
WhiteWidow00
Record Breaker

It is something you can do at home with a socket set. Don't have off the top of my head the socket sizes, but the front are harder than the back, and they're still manageable.

Just got on advance auto parts for part numbers. I use my iPhone for the forums and its a PITA going from tab to tab and having to find numbers. It's pretty easy.

Old 02-12-2011, 05:29 PM
ajoshi91
Captain

alright, so just jack up one side take the tire off and undue a couple bolts? switch them out and i'm done?

Alright, so advance auto carries them? good to know. theres one like 25 mins from me.

Old 02-12-2011, 06:33 PM
WhiteWidow00
Record Breaker

Yep it's that easy!

Old 02-12-2011, 06:40 PM
samnbensdad
Captain

Originally Posted by ajoshi91
alright, so just jack up one side take the tire off and undue a couple bolts? switch them out and i'm done?

Alright, so advance auto carries them? good to know. theres one like 25 mins from me.
It's pretty straight forward. You may not even need to jack up the rear. I was able to slide under my D to change them out. Also, I called Advance today; they offer home delivery now.

Quick Reply: 1st generation offtopic thread