New member with ?'s

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2010, 11:38 AM
swiss
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New member with ?'s

Hello all!

I am a longtime owner of a 99 5.2l and I just recently got my hands on an 02 4.7l 4X4 with the newer interior and it has a couple quirks after we got it started.

A little background:

When I purchased the truck it had obvious damage on the pass side head where it looked like a lifter ran dry and busted out the boss all around it. I sourced a set of reman heads and bought a complete timing and gasket kit for the engine, almost $1,100 in parts alone on this thing.

The rear heat does not work only blows cool air.
No cruise at all. In my 99 when I had that problem it was the wires got mangled on the steering column and it took out all my lights, this is different it seems.... I triple checked the vac lines also and they are all sealed and connected well.

I heard a clicking sound last night coming from the drivers rear wheel area and this morning from looking under the car all I can see as a potential problem looks like a leaky brake cylinder.

Oh and the last thing is the drivers side seat heater flashes and does nothing, pass works great both settings.....

Thanks for helping out a new guy I already ordered used remotes for keyless!!!

Old 12-25-2010, 01:51 AM
IndyDurango
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

On the seat, there seems to be an open short in the heating element.

IndyD

Old 12-27-2010, 12:46 AM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

There is a DIY for the heated seat fix here: https://dodgeforum.com/forum/1st-gen...wers-faqs.html

Cruise: Replace the Brake switch or check fuses.

Unsure about clicking?

Rear heat, Blow out the heater core.

It's better to place each question in it's own thread instead of placing them all together. This aids in helping other member when they use the Advanced Search feature to find information about their different issues.

For instance, people would not want to look in threads that deal with rear heat, when looking for information on hauling a trailer.

Old 12-27-2010, 12:52 AM
WhiteWidow00
Record Breaker

As far as the rear fluid, when you apply the brakes does it feel a little squishy so the speak. Does the pedal slowly feel likes its losing pressure, if so you got a master cylinder leak bud.

Old 01-10-2011, 08:57 AM
swiss
Amateur

Clicking noise was some lugs were loose from the PO's not putting the patched tire back on tight since it was towed to the auction likely. fixed it while pumping gas and broke a lug stud. Must be a common thing since my 5.2 has been missing a few since I got it. I saved the front wheel bearing from it and was able to salvage the studs from it. Will attack that if I ever go after the leaky wheel cylinder. Rear heat you say blow out the rear heater core? does it have to be bled or is it described in the service manual I downloaded from here? Found the reason the MIL and cruise were not working. The Mexi mechanic that fubar'd it all up had the ground on the side of the block off. Amazing that one thing had it running like **** power steering noise and all ....gone now.

I'm guessing that's close to what is wrong with my uncles 5.4 triton the same guy replaced a head on. Ran for a week and now a no start. That's the next project and for another forum. Now all that remains is the rear heat and IDK if I am gonna fix that or not. Front works great, sorry kids! LOL

Here are some pics of my auction truck.

Name:  35b720de.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  56.7 KB
Name:  58869681.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  85.7 KB
Name:  c4a00904.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  116.0 KB
Name:  0facc587.jpg
Views: 77
Size:  107.0 KB

I priced it @ $7,000 it does have like 143,xxx. But now it runs like a dream after I did it myself. Damn border bunny......

Old 01-10-2011, 09:36 AM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

not a bad looking truck, bit much money for it IMO

o and i would look into getting the wheel lugs replaced, they are kinda important seeing as how they hold the wheels on and all , and since you said there are a couple broken lugs i would say that the p.o. did NOT know what they were doing or the mechanic who did the work was an idiot, bc i have never seen lugs break unless they were WAY overtorqued or abused(not saying it cant happen, but its far from common)

Old 01-10-2011, 01:41 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by swiss
fixed it while pumping gas and broke a lug stud.
Rear heat you say blow out the rear heater core?
And you're giving me hard time about correct English and Grammer, better check yourself.

Good luck with your truck, you will get no more help from me.

Old 01-10-2011, 02:32 PM
swiss
Amateur

Originally Posted by hydrashocker
And you're giving me hard time about correct English and Grammer, better check yourself.

Good luck with your truck, you will get no more help from me.
Damn what a poor sport.

Old 01-10-2011, 02:43 PM
swiss
Amateur

Originally Posted by shrpshtr325
not a bad looking truck, bit much money for it IMO

o and i would look into getting the wheel lugs replaced, they are kinda important seeing as how they hold the wheels on and all , and since you said there are a couple broken lugs i would say that the p.o. did NOT know what they were doing or the mechanic who did the work was an idiot, bc i have never seen lugs break unless they were WAY overtorqued or abused(not saying it cant happen, but its far from common)
I guess I put too much torque on it, just used the factory lug wrench. I figured it was common since my other D is missing 2.

Quick Reply: New member with ?'s