1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Oil Pressure gauge drops and rises.

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2021, 11:14 AM
edgadz1955
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm sure you meant 5 quarts, not 5 gallons. The kerosene flush was popular in the early 2000s but has gone out of style. It also won't fix any underlying problems that contributed to sludge buildup.

Old 01-23-2021, 11:16 AM
edgadz1955
Amateur

I see you're still here spewing nonsense, that_gal. A single post does not a spammer make. Go back to Mommy's basement and play with your Matchbox cars. Your amateur advice is worthless and dangerous to adults working on real cars.

Old 01-23-2021, 11:21 AM
that_guy
Champion
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by edgadz1955
I see you're still here spewing nonsense, that_gal. A single post does not a spammer make. Go back to Mommy's basement and play with your Matchbox cars. Your amateur advice is worthless and dangerous to adults working on real cars.
I'm spewing nonsense by calling out someone that's telling people to do something that will destroy their engine? Get off your high horse. Noone wants your worthless attitude around here. Go crawl back to your cave where you can think for another couple years on another elementary school insult.

Old 01-23-2021, 12:27 PM
Ram05red
Rookie

I was told by a Dodge mechanic that you need to pull out a certain wire on the pressure switch. Has anyone ever heard of this?

Old 01-23-2021, 02:12 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,396 Likes on 3,136 Posts

Originally Posted by Ram05red
I was told by a Dodge mechanic that you need to pull out a certain wire on the pressure switch. Has anyone ever heard of this?
To accomplish what?

Sludge build up is a product of lack of maintenance. Plain and simple. I have seen 20,000 mile motors that were so sludged up, they couldn't build oil pressure. I have seen 200,000 miles motors that were squeaky clean on the inside. The difference? One was maintained, the other was not. The plenum on the magnum motors has absolutely nothing to do with it. (granted, it was a rather idiotic design, I won't argue that.....)

Using diesel fuel as a 'flush' is a good way to trash your engine bearings. There are far better products on the market for just such a purpose, that won't damage your engine, if used properly.

I would also point out that this thread is just a bit old.... and continuing this argument really isn't helping anyone.

Quick Reply: Oil Pressure gauge drops and rises.