1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Just b ought a 99 durango, many many questions!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2011, 07:57 PM
WhiteWidow00
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ricanvillin
ok next question....airbag light is on and wont turn off....anyone know why...once again dealer has no clue said they inspected it all was good...im more worried cause i live in jersey and they are very strict Department of motor vehicles and i know it wont pass state inspection witht that light on...i might just have to take it to a dodge dealership and see of they can do i diagnostic on it. the dealer is absolutely useless...but i really really really like my durango now :-(
Most likely a fuse. Check it in the inboard fuse panel.

Old 02-19-2011, 08:58 PM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

the other common cause of an airbag light is a bad clockspring, that carries the wires into the steering wheel

Old 02-20-2011, 02:59 AM
coreybv
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As luck would have it, I had a chance to talk to my buddy tonight who formerly had the remote start business. I asked him about your issue.

First off, he confirmed that there is absolutely zero possibility that a 1999 vehicle had a factory remote start. Such a thing did not exist in 1999, you had to go aftermarket back then. Doesn't matter that it's a Dodge Durango, there was no make or model back then that offered this as an option. Not the cheapest Hyundai, not the most expensive Mercedes, not anyone in between. Nobody.

Second, while he never dealt with them himself, he did recall seeing literature on remote starts that could be programmed to respond to the factory key fob. He never handled them because they couldn't compete with the quality and features of the ones he did handle (his words), but he definitely remembered hearing about them and looking into them.

So, IMHO, that's probably what you're dealing with there....

Last edited by coreybv; 02-20-2011 at 03:03 AM.

Quick Reply: Just b ought a 99 durango, many many questions!!!