DAMN PA DRIVERS!!!!
I'll bet it was someone from MD or VA!

Old 03-19-2011, 10:44 AM
KSteng89
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pkucan
I'll bet it was someone from MD or VA!
Hahaha Good guess it was some jackass with MD plates.

Well, Traced the problem all the way back to the master cylinder and turned out its the problem. I talked to my mechanic buddy about the P/S fluid and he said since I dont drive it very often that i should be able to get away with draining, flushing, and refilling the system. Ive been driving the sebring as DD now since gas prices shot up, I only use the Durango when I got to transport equipment between work and when i need the extra cargo space.

Old 03-19-2011, 05:54 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Well, bench bleed the new master cylinder and replace.

Next bleed the **** out of the system and PRAY you don't get any air in the ABS or you'll need to have a dealer or shop with a DRB-II hocked up to open the ABS to drain it. If your REALLY lucky it hasn't gotten into your ABS and won't. But the cards are stacked against you.

Old 03-19-2011, 07:56 PM
KSteng89
Rookie

Well got a real cheap master cylinder of my friend and hooked it all up. after I got everything back in working condition problem seemed gone but then it started up again (but not nearly as bad), after a pumped the brakes several times . After further investigation i found the other culprit. A nice little puddle at the rear passenger tire from when the stupid driver cut me off and i popped the curb. Now ill be tearing stuff apart back there tomorrow. It'll be interesting getting it down to my buddy shop to work on it tomorrow since my pop is borrowing the trailer.

Old 03-19-2011, 08:53 PM
Evon Trizmo
Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Glad to hear you found what seems to be the problem. Be very careful on used master cylinders, I have had very bad luck with them, that is one part on a car I'd always buy new. But if fixing that leak makes everything work like it should again, then great.

Old 03-19-2011, 10:01 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by KSteng89
After further investigation i found the other culprit. A nice little puddle at the rear passenger tire from when the stupid driver cut me off and i popped the curb.
Originally Posted by KSteng89
I couldn't find any leaks

Sounds too me you didn't look very hard the first time........

But glad you got it up an runnin!

Old 03-19-2011, 10:09 PM
KSteng89
Rookie

well the first time looked it was very old brake fluid and was a little thick with crap (i dont think it had ever been changed before and my brother was the one pumping the brakes. I dont think he had a clue what he was doing. I couldn't find any puddles, wet spots or anything like that, but then again i may have just missed it. Who knows, but at least i did find it... eventually. Know just got to tear it apart and see what the problem is.

Old 03-19-2011, 10:50 PM
Evon Trizmo
Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Could have just been that your new master cylinder has pressure now to push the fluid out of a small hole in the system now. Just take the tire and rotor off, wipe everything down and pump the brakes to see where it gets wet. Then again if your friend has a shop, he should know what he's doing.

Old 03-20-2011, 10:33 AM
KSteng89
Rookie

Its Just I shop out back of his house when he was groing up for when his dad and uncle would work on the rig. I just like going down there cuz of all the tools and the lift. and your probably right about the newer master cylinder being able to push the fluid through better, showing the leak.

Quick Reply: Major Brake Problem!