1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

ghost in durango

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2011, 05:31 PM
ttaz63
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ghost in durango

hi everyone im new here i have a 2002 durango slt 4x4 with a few problems : rear wiper goes on and off without touching the switch , the doors unlock while driving ,interior lights also come on, and my security light comes on hope someone can help thanks

Old 03-30-2011, 06:03 PM
dakota_raven
Record Breaker

Try reseting the pcm. A lot of problems here the guys has fixed them like that!

Welcome to the forum!!!

Old 03-30-2011, 06:07 PM
ttaz63

sry for being stupid but what is the pcm thanks

Old 03-30-2011, 06:11 PM
dakota_raven
Record Breaker

The computer! Disconnect the negative of battery, put the key in the ignition like you were to start the engine and press the gas pedal 3 times, take they key off and connect the negative of the battery again..

I think is like that, maybe someone will verify/correct this....

Old 03-30-2011, 06:11 PM
ttaz63

and also how is that done

Old 03-30-2011, 06:12 PM
ttaz63

thanks will try

Old 03-30-2011, 06:35 PM
WhiteWidow00
Record Breaker

It sounds like your Central Timing Module is shot. This controls most electronics in the cab and when it goes out crazy things like this happen. Unfortunately, there is really no fix other than replacing it and getting it reflashed. Dakota Raven is on the rich track and you might get lucky by resetting the PCM and it will reset the CTM.

To do this process, it's a little different than Raven states. To do it on the Durango take the negative connection off the battery and clear out of the way. Turn the headlight swith on and turn the key to START as if you were going to start it up and hold it there. Once you've held it there for 30 seconds turn the headlights off and take the key out of the ignition. Replace the negative cable and start the engine.
Leave it running for 15 seconds and turn it off. Turn it back on and you can drive like you normally do and everything will now be reset.

Hopefully this works for you!

Old 03-30-2011, 06:45 PM
dakota_raven
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by WhiteWidow00
It sounds like your Central Timing Module is shot. This controls most electronics in the cab and when it goes out crazy things like this happen. Unfortunately, there is really no fix other than replacing it and getting it reflashed. Dakota Raven is on the rich track and you might get lucky by resetting the PCM and it will reset the CTM.

To do this process, it's a little different than Raven states. To do it on the Durango take the negative connection off the battery and clear out of the way. Turn the headlight swith on and turn the key to START as if you were going to start it up and hold it there. Once you've held it there for 30 seconds turn the headlights off and take the key out of the ignition. Replace the negative cable and start the engine.
Leave it running for 15 seconds and turn it off. Turn it back on and you can drive like you normally do and everything will now be reset.

Hopefully this works for you!
Thanks for the correction WhiteWidow00 ! Hope that helps on the fix!!!

Old 03-30-2011, 07:01 PM
ttaz63

well i tried but the rear wiper came on then shut off and also i forgot to tell you that my remote door key works when it wants would this be a alarm issue thanks for the advise

Old 03-30-2011, 09:51 PM
Evon Trizmo
Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Widow knows exactly what's going on, your CTM is done. It also controls the wiper delay timing based on vehicle speed so it's connected to the wipers too. Your wireless key fobs are also talking with the CTM directly.

On my 98 model you don't have to program the CTM except for making it learn the old key fobs, on your newer 2002 you probably have to take it into the dealer for them to program it and they will get the key fobs programmed for you too.

If you're lucky just go to a salvage yard and pull the CTM and install it yourself, you'll save at least $350 right there.

Quick Reply: ghost in durango