1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

ebay performance chip

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2011, 07:35 PM
WhiteWidow00
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah like it was said before you can't trust the computer MPG reader. All it does is take average from gallons used versus average miles driven and doesn't take factors into consideration the truck uses.

Take an average using the trip meter and fill up. To do this fill up to full, reset the trip and run it to the fuel light comic on, then fill up and divide the gallons used to fill up the tank by the amount of miles drive.

For some reason I don't buy a 21 MPG on a stock engine with nothing but a TB spacer and a CAI. Mine is jacked up with about $2000 worth of mods and I pull around 21 MPG.

Old 04-02-2011, 08:14 PM
atthewmartin114
Veteran
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if you want to pay 40 or 50 bucks for this you better off buying beer and going to radio shack and buying a variable resistor for 10 bucks and installing it because thats the same thing just no fancy name. as for the TB spacer i have one it made installing my Ram air really easy even if there was to increase in hp or TQ it still make the intake sound a lot better.

Old 04-03-2011, 01:37 AM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by fuzzy38
You are half correct shrp. I gained nothing city driving. My gain came from highway driving. At 55 mph the computer in my truck use to read 16 mpg. After insallation it reads 21 mpg. It has been 2 years now. So if anyone is lying it would be my truck, not me.
+1 Sharps

Nothin in the city.......LOL....... That's nothing, you have proved NOTHING.

Guess what, I just got 100 MPG because the computer in my overhead system said so! Better trust it because it says so!

It must know so because the manufactures inputted the information for it to know.....Sounds like a classic Democrat!!!!!

Old 04-04-2011, 09:22 AM
Evon Trizmo
Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When my D was all merry and happy it was getting about 19 highway and maybe 13 city. City driving varies a ton but highway is always one cruising speed, 65mph in my case. I have the 5.2 and drive it in 4FT, there were no mods to my engine either everything was stock except I put new spark plugs in and gaped them a little over stock to 45 instead of 40, but I don't think the larger gap gave me any improvements over 1mpg. My engine before was always running hotter than normal (about 205 F) so that might have bumped it up a hair. But 19/around 13 is what I got completely stock (or close enough).

Quick Reply: ebay performance chip