1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

98 durango oil change

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2011, 04:15 PM
Irondime
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just discussing oil on a discussion forum, didn't know we could only talk about things that you agree with. The info I gave is from scientists with years of schooling and years of research on one subject, OIL. But I guess if u say my info is bad info everyone should listen to you guys because..... ah... well just because I guess.

Old 09-26-2011, 04:31 PM
adukart
Record Breaker
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Do what you want, we were speaking from experience. Running on the same oil weight and brand, and some users will say the same batch even, will ensure even wear and protection on a molecular level. That is why synthetics are so much better, its because the molecules are engineered to be the same size and not break down. Synthetics also resist forming sludge with water that will condense when the engine is cools down. There is alot of info on here regarding this subject.

Not everything that is discussed we have to agree on, I have disagreed with shrps and hydra on e3 plugs before. But you do agree that using the same oil is the best thing to do so we don't totally disagree.

Old 09-26-2011, 05:37 PM
Irondime
Rookie

Yeah I was just creating conversation, not trying to convert anyone to the method.

Old 09-26-2011, 08:37 PM
laz45
Veteran

Lemme in on some a that free oil Irondime.....I love forums like this place....NEVER a bad thing to get a convo going anyway,the worst you get from it is a little knowledge and a chance review opinions from other owners...all good there. Good thing we didn't do this over a few beers though eh?

Old 09-26-2011, 08:56 PM
adukart
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by Irondime
Yeah I was just creating conversation, not trying to convert anyone to the method.
That's absolutely fine, without questioning things how do we as society move forward and create ideas

laz45 you should have heard the dodge vs. gm "discussion" me and my friends had saturday night. Whew I'm the only dodge guy, the others are gm except the one girl who loves fords cause daddy does. She didn't even join the conversation cause anything she said we had a ford experience to throw out (we despise fords, just our opinions but more of a fact ). I used to be die hard gm til I had a dodge. Still love gm so the discussion was interesting since I knew both sides

Last edited by adukart; 09-26-2011 at 09:00 PM.
Old 09-26-2011, 09:42 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Irondime
Just discussing oil on a discussion forum, didn't know we could only talk about things that you agree with. The info I gave is from scientists with years of schooling and years of research on one subject, OIL. But I guess if u say my info is bad info everyone should listen to you guys because..... ah... well just because I guess.
Well my Father-In-Law IS one of those scientist's that worked for Mobil One. They are actually called Chemical Engineers, not scientists. Anyway, mixing conventional with synthetics yield no benefits because the entire reason to go fully synthetic is to get a better base oil.

A better base oil is a cleaner base oil which is the building block of fully synthetics. If you add conventional base oil you contaminate the clean base oil of the fully synthetic with a low processed base stock. So in other words, you don't end up with a blend like they tell you, you just end up with a regular conventional oil. You simply contaminate the base stock, and doing it on purpose doesn't make any sense.

One thing I found out a long time ago, and myself working with university teachers, just because some people go to school doesn't mean they know what the hell their talking about....

Old 09-26-2011, 10:18 PM
laz45
Veteran

I hear ya adukart...Ahhh the saturday night arguments....Back then I had a 79 Powerwagon,I was the only Dodge guy there,I get what you mean with chevy dudes....I had my 69 camaro days and I drive a 93 G20 for work but I'm an old dodge guy...always will be..
Hydrashocker..straightup correct on chemical engineers...keep that oil educating up,it'll sink in sooner or later....imagine how screwed we be if scientists developed our lubes?? I think the only thing they contributed is astroglide.....HAHA

Old 09-26-2011, 10:55 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by laz45
I think the only thing they contributed is astroglide.....HAHA
They didn't need to come up with anything, we got spit........

Old 09-26-2011, 11:08 PM
adukart
Record Breaker

Wow I going to school to be a chemical engineer....small world isn't it.

Old 09-27-2011, 06:16 AM
laz45
Veteran

Nothing better than a good education adukart, bet the math's are brutal eh?
Calc,trig geo,algy...ugh...makin my head spin just thinking about it again....

HAHA hydrashocker...wet before insertion,lubricate before assembly....SPIT!!!!

Quick Reply: 98 durango oil change